Executive Editor, National
WarnerMediaLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/12/2021 5:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Editor, National jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Executive Editor, National postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Editor, National?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Los Angeles, United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia seeks an Executive Editor for the Digital News department. The National Executive Editor will oversee coverage of the US across CNN's global digital platforms.
This senior leader will shape our storytelling on the most fundamental issues of our time: the reopening of our states and schools, policing in our communities, race and equality, the fights for jobs, health care and clean air and water. The National team explores how we live, how we organize ourselves and how our voices are heard.
We are looking for an inspiring and innovative leader who focuses relentlessly on audience needs in a time of turbulence and misinformation. The executive editor will oversee a talented digital team of reporters and editors and will collaborate with hundreds of journalists across digital, newsgathering and television who contribute daily digital content.
This leader should embody the best of CNN's DNA: Urgency. Essential reporting. Facts, backed by data and science. Journalism that holds power to account. Stories that connect dots and explain consequences.
The National Executive Editor will drive the team's breaking coverage, deepen its explanatory work and innovate around our relationships with audiences. Breaking news – both CNN's own scoops and sharp, fast reporting of breaking news – is a hallmark of CNN, as are analysis, enterprise, explanatory/service work and accountability journalism that the executive editor will steer to the next level.
The Executive Editor will report to the Vice President of News for CNN Digital. They will work together and with other CNN leaders to chart a strategic, audience-focused vision that brings the full power of CNN's resources to the issues that will define American identity for generations to come. Strong relationships and seamless partnerships across CNN will be essential, from the leadership for national newsgathering and television teams to digital editorial to cross-functional work that stretches across video, visuals, programming, product, technology, audience development, research, finance and operations.
What are the essential elements of the role?
• Execution: The ability to steer with urgency and follow-through, pushing or pausing where appropriate. Our commitment to clear and accurate storytelling is our top priority.
• Audience focus: Relentlessly prioritize our audiences by using analytics tools and partnerships across teams to anticipate needs and build relationships as we move toward a direct-to-consumer future.
• Passion for Storytelling: A love for lifting and shaping stories, and for leading others who share that passion. A commitment to every aspect of content creation from conception to distribution across platforms.
• Talent Development and Diversity: Attract, engage and develop talent. Continue building a diverse, high-performing and inclusive culture within the National team and through partnerships with other leaders.
• Innovation: An enthusiasm for testing and learning. A creative exploration of new ways of working and sharing stories in all forms, from newsletters and podcasts to new products.
• 10 years editorial experience
• 5 years leading and managing teams in a deadline-driven newsroom across a matrixed organization preferred
• Outstanding editorial judgment
• Comfort shaping an overall vision while executing on daily demands to stay sharp and fast on the news
• Ability to attract and develop talent. Demonstrated commitment to building a diverse, high-performing and inclusive culture
• Strength in partnering across teams
• Top-notch editing skills, along with a talent for coaching to better story framing and storytelling
• Deft at driv ing content into new mediums, including newsletters, podcasts and products
• Experience innovat ing around audience relationships
• Skilled at using data and analytics tools to make decisions
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.