Executive Editor, Content Programming
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/17/2021 8:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Editor, Content Programming jobs in New York-NY
Search all Executive Editor, Content Programming postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Editor, Content Programming?
Full Time Job
Executive Editor, Content Programming (CNN)
Location: United States - New York - New York
The Executive Editor will build the programming strategy across desktop web, mobile apps, and TV apps. This key leadership role will lead the programming team and define tactics to curate and optimize content to drive user engagement and retention. The ideal candidate must have a strong command of news and entertainment programming, and a strong understanding of how topic, talent, and format can be packaged together to create a cohesive and sticky experience. This role requires someone who is process-oriented and willing to try new things while remaining decisive and nimble. All editors on the programming team need to think like a viewer. A ferocious appetite for audience data and the ability to apply audience behavior into programming choices are required. The ideal candidate will have experience working with product teams, to help brainstorm and build new features to optimize the experience for audiences. This position reports to the SVP of Content Strategy and Operations, and plays a key role as a people manager leading a team and building the team's capabilities.
• Build a programming runbook that defines a strategy for live, video-on-demand, and interactive programming.
• Lead a team that programs core platforms, ensuring that the best and newest content is showcased for peak user engagement.
• Monitor content performance and adjusts tactics to deliver business goals
• Showcase strong editorial judgement to make calls around content that meet the journalistic standards of CNN.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop, execute and deliver on big ideas and priorities.
• Collaborate with internal teams including; content strategy, product, go-to market, and content creation.
• Communicate programming insights to key stakeholders, including content strategy and content creation teams.
• Manage a team of senior editors.
• Four-year college degree. Journalism degree preferred
• 10 years of high-level journalism experience.
• 3-5 years' experience leading a team - track record of building teams and managing them in a fluid, deadline environment
• Ability to analyze data and share insights to inform editorial decision-making
• Excellent communication skills, news judgment and writing skills
• Ability to lead during breaking news situations
• Excellent creative vision, delegation and prioritization skills.
• Proven ability to multitask and manage large projects.
• Flexibility (Can deal with rapid changes in news, adapt to breaking news, and handle several tasks at once)
• Must be able to adapt to a 24h/7 day a week news environment
• Must be able to work shifts at all times of day and night
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.