Editorial Review Assistant, CNN
This was removed by the employer on 7/26/2021 3:55:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Editorial Review Assistant, CNN jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Editorial Review Assistant, CNN postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Editorial Review Assistant, CNN?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
This is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
WarnerMedia seeks an Editorial Review Assistant for the Production Operations department. As a member of Production Services, you will contribute to creating a great work environment where you can grow in your career and be part of a high-performing team that delivers quality journalism for CNN worldwide. The Production Services Editorial Review Assistants are the last set of eyes and ears that review our content for accuracy before it goes to air.
• You will do a high-level check of technical and editorial accuracy.
• You will provide a summary of the content so that basic details are available for search and library selections.
• You will play a role in cataloging CNN programming worldwide.
• You will collaborate with CNN show teams across bureaus to validate on-screen fonts for accuracy and CNN style.
• Research and approve video and text searches to support font creation and information gathering for produced items.
• Enhancing records with tagging, keywords and indexing for items that will be kept beyond the initial production cycle.
• Locating and entering essential metadata fields, creating abstracts that summarize the editorial content/context, viewing video and writing descriptive narratives of visuals.
• Identifying people, places and technical quality.
• Collaborating with show teams and partners to ensure accuracy and accountability.
• Agility in work environment.
• Two (2) years of editorial experience and solid news awareness.
• Good research, spelling and typing skills.
• Effective written and oral communication skills – this includes the ability to effectively analyze and communicate editorial details as it specifically applies to video.
• Be able to communicate effectively in writing and in conversation.
• The ability to pay close attention to detail.
• The knowledge of how newscasts are put together and what is required to get video on the air.
• Proven organizational skills.
• Bachelor's degree (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on-the-job experience.
The Image Sound Editorial Review Assistant may at times work in an open workspace environment, or remotely via a company-provided laptop. Image Sound Production Services follows CDC recommendations as they relate to workspace environments. As recommendations change, the work environment may also change.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.