Editorial Producer - Fareed Zakaria Gps, CNN
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
WarnerMedia seeks an Editorial Producer for the Fareed Zakaria department. The GPS Editorial Producer is responsible for pitching, booking, pre-interviewing and organizing logistics for guests for Fareed Zakaria GPS. This individual is the show's booking representative and is responsible for keeping consistent the quality of bookings for our weekly show (and also for special projects).
• Conducts pre-interviews over the phone and sets up on-camera interviews
• Researches and pitches interesting and urgent stories
• Develops and works contacts for long-term booking opportunities
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Limited travel may be required
• Must have 3 years journalism or production experience.
• A proven interest in world affairs and a strong knowledge of current global issues is mandatory.
• Research skills are essential to this position.
• A great attitude and ability to collaborate internally and externally are a pre-requisite.
• This candidate must be able to multi-task, execute quickly, and be strong editorially.
• Organizational and writing skills are essential to this position.
• Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent relevant experience.
• Conversational ability or fluency in other languages is a plus.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.