Editorial Producer / Booker
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Editorial Producer/Booker (CNN )
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
Join us. Shape your story here.
The Editorial Producer is responsible for booking guests, making pitches, and handling newsmaker requests. The ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders is critical to this position. This individual is the show's booking representative and is responsible for constantly upgrading the quantity and quality of bookings for live daily interviews in addition to special projects. The Editorial Producer is also responsible for researching and pitching unique new guests and ideas daily.
This person must also be able to react quickly in breaking news situations and line up officials, lawmakers, outside reporters and principals in a situation where the news happens while we are live as well as when news breaks during the day. The Editorial Producer should also have a strong grasp on using social media to find people involved in breaking news situations in remote areas. This person must also be able to develop and cultivate and maintain new guest relationships on behalf of the program and the network.
The Editorial Producer conducts pre-interviews over the phone and sets up on-camera interviews and b-roll shoots, researches, and pitches provocative stories, and works contacts for long term booking opportunities. Performs other related duties as assigned. Job may require travel for breaking news bookings and being in the control room during the show.
• A qualified candidate for this position must have 4+ years as a booking producer or equivalent production experience.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Research skills are essential to this position.
• Proven performance and an established rolodex in booking high profile news guests are necessary.
• Ability to multi-task, execute quickly, and be editorially strong.
• Knowledge of current events, key players, and issues in global affairs a must.
• Organizational skills and writing skills are essential to this position.
• Second language a plus.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.