Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Editors leverage their creative, technical, and soft skills in support of partners. Collaboration is key. The Editor will be a proactive creative leader in both craft editing (video, graphics, and sound design) and producing (storytelling and structure).
What do partners need from their editors?
• To know the partner's brand
• To bring ideas to the table
• To act as autonomously as possible
• Creates compelling short and long form, multi-platform content for a range of initiatives including promotion, marketing and/or programming across Warner Media's diverse portfolio
• Uses advanced editing techniques, basic color correct, motion graphics and sound editing to enhance viewer's experience of the content
• Demonstrates excellent knowledge in editing systems including, but not limited to, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
• Responsible for acting as a trusted contributor to the network partners throughout the entire project lifecycle (ideation -> production -> final delivery). Throughout that lifecycle, editors must be able to manage partner's expectations accordingly
• Display creative initiative with all projects & tasks
• Executes assigned projects independently with limited guidance
• Take creative initiative and ownership with each assigned project
• Help develop new and innovative projects and initiatives
• Assist in the development of interns, T3's, Apprentices, and Associate Editors
• Identifies and communicates personal and staff training needs with manager to enable consistent and continued growth for the department.
• Provides feedback to management for capital expenditures based on their research and network partner's feedback.
• Anticipate partner needs with little to no guidance
• Interpret, accept and execute changes based on feedback in a timely manner
• Provide troubleshooting and creative solutions when problems arise
• Collaborate with partners while fulfilling requests and delivering content and materials internally or to external partners
• Help inform, document, and implement evolving protocols
• Always be a resource for the Brands, and never contradict their vision and goals
• In a timely manner, track session time and details to support the Operations team
• Well versed in the monitoring of video and audio signals for multi-platform distribution and quality control.
• Works with support edit teams (e.g., creative leads, Tech Workflow leads, etc.) to ensure optimal efficiencies, as well as development of new processes (e.g., creative output documentation.)
• Helps test, research and evaluate emerging technologies including working with management, engineering and Technical Workflow Leads on the roll out and execution.
• Proactively seeks out software revisions or updates on current edit systems.
• Complete understanding of all media and file formats- both source & deliverables
• Ability to troubleshoot technical or creative issues in a timely fashion
• 3-5 years of work experience editing in a commercial post-production or broadcast environment is required.
• Experience with deadline-oriented short-form or long-form multi-platform work is critical.
• Outstanding customer service and communication skills. Ability to build strong relationships
• Must have working knowledge of editing and graphics applications including: Adobe Creative Suite. Should also know third party plug-ins, multiple tape and file formats and related test equipment for digital video and audio.
• Must be computer literate (MS Word, Excel and Outlook),
• The ability and flexibility to work varying shifts as needed is required.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.