Editor, Content Programming
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/7/2021 6:15:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Editor, Content Programming jobs in New York-NY
Search all Editor, Content Programming postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Editor, Content Programming?
Full Time Job
Editor, Content Programming (CNN )
Location: United States - New York - New York
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Editor will execute the programming strategy across desktop web, mobile apps, and TV apps. The editor coordinates the effective placement of live and video content to drive peak user engagement and retention. The editor will be responsible for building playlists, writing show and episode synopses, and testing images for optimal performance. Comprehensive experience working within a CMS is required. The ideal candidate must have a strong command of news and entertainment programming, and an ability to execute on content priorities. This role requires someone who is process-oriented and willing to try new things. All editors on the programming team need to think like a viewer. A ferocious appetite for audience data and the ability to apply audience behavior into programming choices are required. This position reports to the Senior Editor.
• Program core platforms, updating feature pages and carousels to ensure that the best and newest content is showcased for peak user engagement.
• Monitor content performance and adjusts tactics to deliver business goals
• Showcase strong editorial judgement to make calls around content that meet the journalistic standards of CNN.
• Pitch, develop and execute programming tactics and ideas.
• Four-year college degree. Journalism degree preferred
• 4 years of high-level journalism experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Solid news judgment.
• Strong writing skills.
• Proven ability to multitask.
• Ability to execute during break news situations.
• Must be able to adapt to a 24h/7 day a week news environment
• Must be able to work shifts at all times of day and night
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.