This was removed by the employer on 12/12/2022 5:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Edit Assistant jobs in London-UK
Search all Edit Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Warner Bros. Television Production UK is a leading creator and distributor of television content. The group produces long-running television brands in drama, factual, documentary, factual entertainment, and history. To date, the group consists of Ricochet, Wall to Wall Media, Twenty Twenty and Renegade Pictures.
You will be part of an in-house post-production team based in London, that will work across all group companies providing services and support to all our clients. As a highly skilled Edit Assistant with experience of working in a busy post-production MCR, you will play a key role within the team by ensuring that all post-production tasks run smoothly. You will have proven customer service skills and a detailed knowledge of post-production workflows, including file-based processes, and ideally QC & AS-11.
• Ensure all offline and online edits are correctly setup and ready before use.
• Ensure safe backup of camera card material.
• Label and manage file and tape-based material and any relevant metadata.
• Digitise/ingest file and tape-based footage.
• Grouping and syncing of cross-shot camera rushes – creating sync maps using group clips and ISO audio.
• Conform and picture-check final cuts prior to online.
• Exporting and uploading sequences or clips at various specs for client viewing and transcriptions.
• Wrapping-up of finished projects for Grade/Online and Pro Tools mix sessions.
• Exporting of AAF files.
• Assist with general upgrades and maintenance of equipment.
• Previous experience and good knowledge of Avid Media Composer/Symphony, Nexis and Nearline shared storage.
• Knowledge of file-based workflows and formats.
• Understanding of Avid offline editing, specifically with bin management, metadata, multi-cam and project organisation.
• Be able to troubleshoot and provide support for technical issues.
• An understanding of the post-production pipeline and final processes including online, grading & audio, AQC (Vidcheck) & QC.
• Knowledge of data wrangling and backing up rushes to external drives.
• Familiarity with cloud and FTP portals including Box and Aspera.
• Ability to manage and guide clients who need to hit delivery deadlines in a pressurised environment.
The Nice to Haves
• Understanding the principles of AS11 delivery.
• Understanding of UHD/HDR resolutions and delivery.
• Familiarity with VT decks and formats such as HDCam SR, XDCam, Digibeta.
• Familiarity with HP-RGS/Z Central and Teradici connectivity.
• Experience of online scheduling tools, such as Farmer's Wife.
• Good knowledge of DaVinci Resolve, Baselight Editions, Content Agent, Blackbird, Frame IO, Vidchecker and Pro-Tools.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.