Full Time Job
Location: United Kingdom - London
The Distribution Engineer position is a technical project focussed role that resides within the technology vertical of WarnerMedia's International business. The objective of this role is to work with the Senior Manager of Technical Distribution to strategize, communicate and execute distribution change driving efficiencies, while ensuring technology standardisation and architectural alignment across regions. The successful candidate is required to be execution-driven and possess a strong understanding of both traditional video broadcast and modern distribution mechanism.
The position calls for an innovator who is not afraid to challenge legacy models, agreements and approaches to linear video distribution. The candidate should have a track record of successfully implementing architectural and topology changes relating to video distribution over both managed and unmanaged networks.
As well as playing a pivotal role in low level project distribution engineering across the regions, the successful candidate will also be expected to produce and own service and product documentation which is circulated internally and externally. The candidate will be responsible for providing day to day coordination of the company's in-house and outsourced media services, this includes overseeing elements of strategy, design, transition, operations and continual service improvement.
• Primary point of contact for distribution related projects across the regions, although heavily focused on IP distribution, this also extends to both Fiber and Satellite.
• Thoroughly support our customers and providers both remotely and in person throughout the transition between video delivery solutions.
• Daily contribution towards international distribution activities, must have a firm understanding of traditional and evolving video distribution methods, architectures, standards and protocols.
• Maintain an awareness of existing and new commercial agreements and contracts, extracting key technical, operational and commercial information to drive internal decisions.
• Working closely with the Operational and Service Delivery teams to develop and maintain accurate documentation underpinning WarnerMedia services.
• Working with Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure media related services
• Accountable for technical changes relating to IP Transformation throughout the project lifecycles
• Accountable for working with Service providers and internal teams to identify and propose efficiencies relating to distribution including compression, encryption, connectivity and all transport.
• Accountable for documenting processes, user guides and general information relating to our media services
• Accountable for supporting operation and service delivery teams
• Accountable for communicating status and progress with the operation and service delivery teams
• Accountable for ensuring the alignment of technical services against the Distribution strategy and objectives
• Prior Experience / Industry: Experience in a similar position, or at least competent in the majority of the major activities listed. Must have a fundamental technical understanding of modern technologies, environments and protocols surrounding Playout and Distribution inclusive of networking. Knowledge of third-party distribution suppliers within the industry. Knowledge of compression, transcoding, encryption, multiplexing, private and public cloud media services.
• Skills: Understanding of cloud computing principles and best practices. Working knowledge of networks and topologies relating to video distribution. Working skillset that includes use of Zixi, SRT, RIST, RTP-FEC, AES.
• Self-Management: Self-sufficient and organised, flexible, ability to prioritise appropriately
• Management and Leadership: Strong communication skills at all levels
• Language: English
• Technical and Business: Understanding of budgets, and data analytics.
• Knowledge: Playout and OTT engineering experience
• Education: Degree desirable
• Language: Second language desirable
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands