Director, VFX Post Production
This was removed by the employer on 7/21/2022 11:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Director, VFX Post Production jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, VFX Post Production postings
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
• The Director of VFX Post Production Manages the day-to-day operations in regards to VFX for WBTV shows from prep through delivery and wrap .
• Provides initial VFX budgets,delivery schedule estimates for outlines/scripts, pilots/series in development and pre-production. This includes consultation during development stage to inform potential scope of a project's VFX work and provide a focused recommendation for how to approach a projects varied visual effects and timeline needs.
• Manages the day-to-day operations in regards to VFX for WBTV shows from prep through delivery and wrap, to ensure WBTV shows are delivered on time, on budget and meet all necessary technical requirements. This includes evaluating all VFX budgets submitted by vendors and post production/visual effects teams. Recommends specific vendors for specialized sequences during production and post. Provides daily production and post production support to all VFX personell. Troubleshoots any production and post production conflicts with visual effects teams.
• Interviews all new potential visual effects vendors/personel to gauge depth of their skills and talent pool. This includes vendor analysis and compile specific reels for preliminary look development. Assesses global vendor capacity for scope of work across multiple projects.
• Schedules VFX personel interviews with head of post, show runners, line producers, etc. Provides early assessment,vetting and confirms availability for key VFX talent. Initiates preliminary deal negotiations with VFX personel. Maintains a network of vendor and personnel relationships across the VFX industry.
• Handles compliation of initial reference materials for head of post, development team and show runners.
• Initiates testing for green screens, LED volume stage/virtual production, vendor pipelines and evailuates shared workflows.
• Performs additional related duties as assigned.
• 5+ years experience in similar role or boots on the ground scripted series experience as a VFX Supervisor or VFX Producer.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• College graduate preferred
• Highly organized leader and team player who successfully operates in a team oriented setting.
• Strong communication, judgement and people skills.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• In depth understanding of all areas of Post Production including: Online, Color Timing, Titling, ADR, Mixing, Scoring and Visual Effects.
• Knowledge of Post Production unions and guilds.
• Proficiency in the following technology/software: Shotgrid, Box. Pix, Cinesync, After Effects, Photoshop, Cinema4D, VRay, Redshift, Deadline Render, Unreal Engine, Syntheyes, Maya, Houdini, 3D Max, Chaos Phoenix and Nuke. Movie Magic budgeting and scheduling systems, QuickTime and FTP Programs and Software: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.