Director, Sustainability- Operations
This was removed by the employer on 1/5/2023 1:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Sustainability- Operations jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Sustainability- Operations postings
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
As a member of the Warner Bros. Discovery Corporate Social Responsibility team, this position plays a pivotal role in driving the company's environmental sustainability priorities and progress toward carbon emissions tracking and measurable reduction. Working closely with the VP/Head of Sustainability and other key internal stakeholders-such as production, facilities, procurement/sourcing and travel-this position directs, develops, executes and/or oversees the operational standards, guidelines, programs and initiatives, and data management that contribute to the company's carbon emissions goals and sustainability priorities.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Collects, analyzes and manages greenhouse gas inventory and data for operations across the company, including facilities and production.
• Working closely with production/business unit stakeholders (film, TV-scripted and unscripted, news, sports, regional production) around the world, establishes and/or harmonizes company sustainability standards and guidelines for its varied production businesses in support of the company's carbon reduction commitments. Ensures global rollout and adoption of guidelines, modifying when necessary to respond to changing regulatory, science and social landscapes. Sets short- and long-term targets and KPIs. Gathers, analyzes and presents baseline data and narratives. Oversees and/or directs related reporting.
• Serves as a partner to and thought leader with WBD Government Affairs to strategically address local government sustainability initiatives with implications to production (e.g., tax incentives) and operations. Identifies and executes on solutions that align with sustainable business goals.
• Serves as a key representative in industry production initiatives and sustainable production groups, such as the Sustainable Production Alliance, to accelerate and drive solutions that benefit WBD production targets and the industry at large.
• Partners with WBD Facilities and Studio Operations teams to ensure accurate greenhouse gas data collection for facilities around the world. Identify opportunities and develop and execute on plans to reduce Scopes 1 and 2 emissions at company-owned and leased facilities, including production studios. Sets targets and KPIs. Works with and/or directs vendors, as necessary.
• With procurement/sourcing, ad sales, consumer products, travel and other internal departments, develops and executes measurable plans to reduce emissions in key Scope 3 categories.
• Directs and, as necessary, supports Associate Manager, Sustainable Operations on day-to-day sustainable production program and collaboration with production teams.
• Performs other duties as assigned and as priorities change.
• Minimum 8-10 years' work experience in sustainability, ESG or operations, preferably in media and entertainment
• CSR and/or sustainability experience, including corporate level reporting and greenhouse gas accounting
• Media and entertainment production experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Graduate degree in sustainability, ESG, business, management a plus
• Must be a skilled strategist, adept in developing and executing on strategic plans and goals
• Results-driven; demonstrated ability to set and meet measurable goals, targets and KPIs
• Strong project management skills and ability to direct and delegate work
• Strong track record building and maintaining internal and external relationships
• Strong data collection, management, analysis, reporting and visualization skills required
• Knowledge of global sustainability and ESG issues, regulations required
• Knowledge of and experience working with/in the entertainment production landscape preferred
• Ability to understand, distill and communicate to various audiences compliance, regulatory, data and climate science relevant to the business
• Experience managing staff
• Effective interpersonal skills required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required
• Experience with Adobe Suite (Acrobat Pro, Illustrator and Photoshop) a plus
• Detail oriented and goal driven preferred
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under time constraints preferred
• Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously preferred
• Flexibility and able to adjust to shifting priorities preferred
• Highly analytical, data driven and capable of managing large data sets preferred
• Highly organized and able to prioritize and schedule work effectively
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and a confident public speaker
• Ability to navigate production, studio, corporate, nonprofit and government landscapes preferred
• Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
• Must be a team player
• Must possess a professional mannerism
• Must be able to work independently
• Must work onsite at one of our locations in the United States
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $126,350.00 - $234,650.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.