WarnerMediaLos Angeles, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/21/2021 11:34:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Strategy jobs in Los Angeles-NY
Search all Director, Strategy postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Strategy?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Los Angeles, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
As a Director, Strategy, you will play a critical role in the development and execution of business strategies across all WarnerMedia Sales & Distribution revenue streams including HBO Max, Network Distribution, Content Licensing, Home Entertainment, Ad Sales and the Otter Media properties. As a leader within the macro strategy team, you will partner across business units to solve for their most challenging business problems with bold, actionable strategies.
This highly visible position will report directly to the VP of Strategy and will lead & inspire a small but mighty team.
• Partner with stakeholders across Distribution, Ad Sales, Content Licensing, Transactional, DTC and Networks to support in the transformation of our business model in areas that include:
• Optimizing Network Distribution strategies (premium & basic)
• Valuation/monetization of IP across evolving distribution windows
• Developing innovative advertising strategies across both digital and traditional markets
• Evaluating new areas of revenue and growth opportunities
• Bring thought leadership, direct-to-consumer & digital product savvy and data-driven creativity to drive forward the strategic priorities of WM Sales & Distribution
• Synthesize deep trends research & financials across key business areas into a compelling narrative for senior level presentations
• Design, support and drive ongoing strategies that lead to a compelling portfolio of corporate growth
• Identify and develop new business opportunities in collaboration with stakeholders across revenue streams (e.g., Ad Sales, Distribution, Content Licensing, Direct to Consumer etc.)
• Support the creation of Whitepapers/Business Plans, Board Materials, Business Cases
• Facilitate quarterly process to ensure alignment of the macro WarnerMedia Sales and Distribution and overall Corporate strategic objectives
• 10 years of experience at a top management consulting firm, investment bank, and/or media/entertainment/tech company in a strategy/business development/analytical role
• Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills (storyline, build and deliver)
• Superior quantitative modeling skills and a sound understanding of finance
• Ability to turn complex concepts and analyses into clear, easy-to-understand story-telling presentations
• In-depth understanding of the digital and traditional media industry and competitive landscape as well as strong content, technical/ UX product and brand sensibilities
• Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing, structuring, and/or building new business models/ ventures in digital and direct-to-consumer media products
• Experience in deal evaluation and structuring is a plus
• Impeccable communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, including experience interfacing with and presenting to senior leadership
• Ability to effortlessly toggle between supreme attention to detail and big picture thinking
• Exceptional work-planning, pacing and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with several deliverables under tight deadlines
• Proven leadership and people management skills with ability to foster a collaborative and inclusive team culture; at least 5 years of team leadership experience
• Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.