Director, Product Management - CNN Digital
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Remote
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
The Director of Product Management is responsible for both the near-term prioritization and the long-term vision for innovative new products and features at CNN. You will be the first team member of the Messaging & Notifications team. The team will build a deep and meaningful connection with our users, helping them to go deeper on topics they are interested in. You will own outbound messaging channels such as Email, Push, Messaging Apps, and the browser to name a few. This team also owns in-product notifications on all CNN supported devices. We create messaging experiences in the Notification Center and elsewhere within the product.
• Balance user needs and research, the business landscape, and the boundaries of our technical capabilities to assess product-market fit, bring new products to market, grow our team, and improve engagement, retention, and growth with CNN's audience of 100M users.
• Work iteratively and cross-functionally with colleagues in engineering, design, user research, analytics, editorial, and marketing to build consensus around tradeoffs, define goals, plan roadmaps, and collectively shape the future of news.
• Develop a strategy for generalized messaging principles for when and how we should use messaging across our different channels.
• Be an evangelist for messaging best practices with other product teams working on messaging.
• Coordinate prioritization of messaging work across the product management team.
• Experience leading digital experience at consumer-focused technology company is required
• Preference for experience in subscription products
• Demonstrated experience managing others
• Demonstrated track record of aligning product efforts around user needs?
• Demonstrated ability to work in new spaces and create a clear strategy out of ambiguity?
• Ability to motivate, and work effectively with, cross-functional teams
• Ability to adapt in a fast-moving environment that is ever-changing, with grey or uncertain areas
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to formulate and socialize falsifiable, actionable, and measurable hypotheses for new ideas and experiments and to implement and iterate on the results?
• Demonstrated experience defining and tracking key metrics across the user experience to power decision-making
• Interest in nurturing and managing a growing product team
• Ability to actively listen and incorporate feedback for continuous improvement
• Ability to work closely with other teams in partnership on shared problems?
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.