Director, Product Design-Politics
This was removed by the employer on 10/14/2021 9:40:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Product Design-Politics jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Director, Product Design-Politics postings
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
As a Director of Product Design, you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Design Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading user experiences engaged by millions across the globe. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight.
The Director of Product Design is an experienced design leader who collaborates with product designers, product managers, developers, researchers, content strategists, and data scientists to build and grow CNN Politics product experiences that help inform and engage CNN users, and impact CNN's bottom line. These experiences include industry-leading election coverage viewed by tens of millions of people all over the world.
You will drive the CNN Politics product design vision, advocate for our users with a strong sense of user empathy, awareness at scale, and establish a high performing team structure.
You are strategic and creative, with the ability to execute and influence.
You understand the boundaries of web app technology, and more importantly know when to push it.
You possess the ability to lead comp
elling product experience that is seamless and intuitive.
You have a commitment to challenge the status quo and assist in building approaches that consistently set the team on a path to realize world-class product experiences.
Comfort and familiarity with digital transformation will be required.
• Empower and mentor designers, foster a cohesive, committed, passionate, productive, and positive environment within a growing team.
• Lead CNN's product design functions, collaborating with partners on your cross-functional team to understand the needs of our teams and establishing a structure and end-to-end workflows designed to best serve those needs.
• Coach your team in expanding mastery of our business goals and proactively drive strategic solutions and results.
• Be highly communicative and responsive both within your team and across the company while managing a large volume of active projects.
• Steer the holistic view of your product suite across integration (customer and technical) points to provide a superior seamless product experience from daily improvements to longer-term strategies.
• Create end-to-end customer journeys that inform new product features and provoke new businesses.
• Employ user research, and analytics data to develop a deep understanding of how users engage, what matters to them and identify pain points.
• Contribute to the product design priorities to inform strategic roadmap, translating business needs into creative and user experience opportunities.
• 12 years related work experience leading digital experience at consumer-focused technology company is required.
• Exceptional track record to empower and manage team of designers, to help them grow and succeed.
• Experience leading and building world class product experiences, streamline workflows with continuous iteration and improvement.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal skills, to clearly communicate and lead a diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
• Mastery and able to guide on user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• A passion for politics and political science is encouraged; curiosity and an eagerness to learn is essential.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.