Director, Paid Media Marketing - HBO Max
Full Time Job
Director, Paid Media Marketing (Display) - HBO Max
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
HBO Max seeks a Director, Paid Media Marketing for the Acquisition Growth Marketing department.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about television, movies, entertainment, and technology. They will have a deep understanding of the video streaming industry and be a champion for the consumer.
The candidate must be a ''doer'' who can execute as well as balance longer-term strategic thinking. The candidate will be part of a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes. This is a small, lean team, and as such, candidate will need to be able to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output. This role will be responsible for growing and optimizing digital marketing and customer acquisition programs to drive new subscriber growth across WarnerMedia's HBO Max Streaming Platform.
• Deep understanding of Paid Digital Media is a must. Candidate must have a strong understanding of Direct and Programmatic media strategy, overseeing implementation and day-to-day optimizations.
• Strong negotiation skills to uncover efficiencies for all Direct Media buy programs and investments
• Proven track record of innovation and effectiveness of all funnel tactics through Digital Media Partnerships
• Experience utilizing DSP and DMP platforms to build out full programmatic strategy (inclusive of native advertising) and maximizing KPIs across targeting, inventory and audiences.
• Ability to build audience strategy using owned data and finding new opportunities to expand reach.
• Analyze campaign data to make recommendations to improve existing campaigns, forecast and develop new strategies that will inform future decisions.
• Understand a unified media strategy across all paid channels
• Partner with the data intelligence team to develop dashboards to measure campaign success.
• Work with insights and research team to design research plans, interpret results and synthesize insights
• Develop and deliver management reporting materials, reports and presentations
• Partner with finance to create and manage campaign budgets and marketing spend
• Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience
• 7 year's experience developing and driving paid media strategy of complex digitally focused acquisition marketing campaigns ideally for a direct-to-consumer product
• Expert understanding of Programmatic Technology - DSPs, DMPs, Trading Desks, Ad Servers and Ad Verification tools (DCM, DV360, TradeDesk, Media Math, iAS, DV, LiveRamp, Krux, mParticle)
• Expert knowledge of digital research tools such as comScore, Pathmatics, Nielsen, and Dynata
• Strong understanding of customer segmentation and how to address different needs of each consumer base
• Strong ability to analyze interpret data to inform actionable insights to recommend & inform marketing & growth campaigns.
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills are a must
• Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics and KPIs for business goals, process improvement projects, and campaign management
• Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically
• Experience with leading and motivating large teams of various levels
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.