Director, Multicultural Communications & Publicity
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Warner Bros. Television Group is seeking a Director, Multicultural Communications & Publicity, for its Worldwide Television Publicity & Communications department. The Director will spearhead consumer publicity campaigns related to scripted programming produced and/or distributed by Warner Bros. Television. Director will lead multicultural communications strategy across all series for the department.
• Publicity Strategy: Devises innovative publicity opportunities aimed at driving consistent, high-value consumer press attention for assigned series. Brainstorms new initiatives and also capitalizes on existing assets (casting, series storylines, etc.). Works closely with streaming/cable/network publicity counterparts and WBTV social media teams to execute campaigns for launch and beyond.
• Media Relations: Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with members of the press. Understands media desires and crafts compelling pitches to all external outlets.
• Multicultural Communications: Serves as departmental thought leader, working across the publicity team to maximize opportunities for all Warner Bros. Television Group programming (scripted and unscripted). Serves as WBTVG publicity liaison to Warner Bros. Discovery Equity & Inclusion team.
• Brand Management/Talent Relations: Serves as key point person for assigned series, represents the shows to external and internal constituencies, and serves as publicity brand manager/one-stop resource for all information related to assigned programs. Establishes close working relationships and positive rapport with talent, creators, and staff associated with assigned series, including executive producers, key production crew, on-camera performers, and representatives.
• Events: Plans and executes participation in major promotional events for assigned series, in-person and virtually. These include events such as DC FanDome, Comic-Con, SXSW, and others. Works with social and photo teams to ensure coordinated and strategic plans for covering special events. Serves as departmental leader for participation across all series at key multicultural events and multicultural awards.
• Publicity Assets: Demonstrates good judgment in selecting the most compelling video clips, photos (in conjunction with photo publicity team), and other promotional/publicity materials that fulfill media needs and best represent series to viewers and other targeted audiences.
• Publicity Trips: Books and manages all aspect of performer and/or producer publicity trips (New York, Los Angeles, special events, tours, etc.).
• Social Media: Follows best practices strategy for the television publicist for social media platforms. Works closely with social media team to ensure coordinated outreach across all platforms on behalf of WBTV series.
• Other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
• Minimum 5–7 years entertainment publicity experience required.
• Previous experience in television and social media required. Publicity and events experience a plus.
• Must have strong relationships with Black, AAPI, Latinx, LGBTQ, and faith-based press, organizations, and events.
• Extensive entertainment consumer press contacts required.
• Extensive multicultural press, events, awards, and organization contacts required/
• Previous experience supervising agency and/or in-house publicity staff preferred.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• College degree or equivalent work experience required
• Comprehensive knowledge of entertainment industry required.
• Experience effectively working with and successfully building positive relationships with high-profile on-camera talent and producers.
• Must have strong understanding of social media and be an active participant on leading platforms.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet required.
• Proficiency with remote working technology (Teams, WebEx, Zoom, Google Hangout, etc.) required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
• Must be well organized.
• Must have the ability to work additional hours as needed.
• Must possess exemplary organizational skills.
• Must possess excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to maintain a cheerful disposition in a fast-paced environment and during stressful times.
• Must be able to review and comprehend detailed documents.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Must have good judgment.
• Must be able and willing to take initiative and to problem solve as appropriate within the scope of responsibilities of this position.
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. Warner Bros. Discovery requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.