Director, Internal Communications
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank, United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
The Director, Internal Communications will partner with HR and other corporate functions to create and lead strategic global internal communication plans and events to enhance organizational performance, elevate the employee experience and increase employee engagement across WarnerMedia's global portfolio. The person in this role will partner with HR functions to understand business needs and goals, develop strategic communication plans and identify and execute communication opportunities and activities.
The Director, Internal Communications role will report to the VP of Internal Communications (HR & Culture) and will work closely with the Internal Communications team, HR teams, Brand Experience team and other Corporate Communications partners.
• Develop and implement integrated communications programs across corporate functions, primarily HR-focused, including business transformations, equity and inclusion, employee engagement, HR communications, CSR, etc.
• Influence and counsel clients to translate organizational needs into effective internal communications by understanding business needs and objectives.
• Provide guidance and direction regarding communication methods; and collaborate with leaders and team members to deliver strategic plans and coordinated materials while balancing changing and competing priorities.
• Package, market and deliver communications in ways that are meaningful, relevant, timely and memorable to employee audiences.
• Guide storytelling for people-/HR- focused initiatives, developing compelling campaigns and content to support company priorities, drive engagement and inspire desired behavior outcomes.
• Craft, ghostwrite and edit emails, presentations, narratives, town hall scripts, speaking points, etc. for HR and Corporate leaders.
• Partner with internal communications, creative and digital teams to bring tentpole campaigns to life in meaningful ways for our employees.
• Connect and lead a shared network of communicators with direct or indirect reporting relationships.
• Establish individual strategies for measuring communication effectiveness, defining and continuously updating measures of success, and analyzing results and adjusting strategy to meet business needs based on measurement outcomes.
• Ability to offer strategic guidance around communication tactics, goals, and requests.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills with attention to context and the ability to clarify complex and sometimes technical messaging.
• Participate and engage in meetings and drive ideas for events and campaigns.
• Take initiative in leading projects and present new perspectives in thinking and ideas.
• Prioritize work and schedule to handle multiple requests and projects at a time.
• Be able to work in an environment that at times can operate in crisis communications mode and be able to offer quality solutions with little direction.
• Operate with speed to market and utilize resources and critical thinking skills to complete quick turn projects.
• Build relationships with stakeholders, agency partners and colleagues beyond the team.
• Critical thinking capabilities in connecting dots and leveraging resources for best outcome.
• Ten (10) or more years' experience in communications and/or PR management position or related field.
• Creative thinker with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience engaging a broad cross-section of internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent communication and writing capabilities.
• A good grasp of narrative, awareness of audiences, exceptional attention to detail, forward thinking team player who works collaboratively on a team.
• Knowledge of HR-related programs and communications.
• Strategic event planning experience.
• Keen interest in the media and entertainment industry, experience outside media and entertainment industry welcome.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.