Director, Global Research Insights & Analytics, Kids Networks
WarnerMediaLos Angeles, GA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Los Angeles, United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia seeks a Global Research Insights & Analytics, Kids Network Director for the Global Research Insights & Analytics department.
The Director of Global Research, Insights & Analytics, Kids Networks, is a consultative research & strategy position that is an internal business partner to senior executives working on our Kids networks and platforms: Cartoon Network, Boomerang, & HBOMax Kids. The position requires use of research across all media types to drive kids content creation & creative, linear, SVOD, marketing, & programming strategies for our partners leading Cartoon Network, Boomerang and HBOMax Kids on all platforms (linear TV, streaming/SVOD and digital touchpoints). This role works with cross-functional teams to identify and build solutions & generate insights that drive business growth and revenue for our studios, networks and platforms.
This position will also work collaboratively across the Global Research, Insights & Analytics teams on Warnermedia, Warner Bros and HBOMax priorities by providing key insight and thought leadership on the entertainment landscape broadly, particularly the Kids entertainment landscape.
This role requires a deep knowledge of the TV and streaming landscape plus Kids to support the growth of current studio and network businesses while exploring and supporting the growth of future business opportunities on emerging platforms (digital).
Content & Platform Market Intelligence
• Construct data-driven narratives for all Cartoon Network and Boomerang series, movies and animation properties, by utilizing disparate big data sources (including but not limited to Nielsen, SVOD, 1st party streaming data, social, digital, external market research, and internal data). Synthesize key data points and build compelling narratives with strategy tailored for each internal stakeholder in the Kids and network businesses.
• Prepare and present analysis (written and verbal) to influence Cartoon Network, Kids & HBOMax senior leadership. Build relationships with key Cartoon Network & Kids stakeholders.
• Develop comprehensive understanding of current stakeholders strategic needs across the network and studio lifecycle: from content creation, to marketing of shows and movies, to performance management.
• Test and advise on content creation, by testing pilots, animatics and other creative assets (promotions) for effectively driving viewership and brand and IP growth.
• Supervise, lead and mentor a small team of people responsible for day to day network and SVOD measurement and tracking, ratings estimates, digital activations tracking, marketing promotions testing & measurement, primary research around our shows and movies.
Management, Collaboration & Leadership
• Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and internal Research leaders, including creative executives.
• Lead with presence and strength with key stakeholders.
• Have an orientation towards managing, mentoring people for success and leadership.
• Manage day to day operations for Cartoon Network, Boomerang insights and research teams.
• BA/BS degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field required.
• MBA or MMR preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years in research or marketing with an emphasis on measurement and relevant education in advanced analytics.
• Experience in linear ratings, estimates and SVOD measurement required
• Strong data analytics, Tableau dashboard building, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint skills required.
• Experience in primary research methodologies required (quantitative and qualitative research). Must have experience in managing relationships with research vendors.
• Highly strategic and forward-thinking team player with a proven track record of building collaborative relationships across the organization and within the programming industry
• An innovator looking for new solutions, willing to explore new venues to further business goals
• Skill set combination of linear, SVOD, quantitative, qualitative, consumer research, media and estimating/forecasting
• Champion for research, analytics and insights across the organization
• Strong understanding and curiosity for emerging analytics techniques and how they translate into actionable insights for the business
• Expertise in synthesizing complex data points, communicating findings to broad audiences, and providing actionable strategy recommendations.
• A highly motivated self-starter. Ability to construct clear, persuasive and informative presentations essential.
• Must have the ability to work under extreme deadline pressure. Flexibility in prioritizing workloads required.
• Must have an orientation towards team development, inclusivity and mentoring others to succeed.
• Experience working with creative executives ideal.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.