Director, Gaming Brand Strategy
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Bleacher Report is seeking a passionate leader for the role of Director, B/R Gaming Brand Strategy to refine and innovate the brand's strategic vision, oversee all B/R Gaming-related original content development, programming, and sales marketing integrations.
This person should be an expert in building hype and creating innovative storytelling experiences across digital mediums. An ideal candidate would be described as a free thinker who is constantly coming up with new ways to engage and grow audiences.
The Director, B/R Gaming Brand Strategy will work cross-functionally, collaborating with the programming, content, design, sales marketing and leadership group on key initiatives.
• The Director, Gaming Brand Strategy will own the portfolio brand's overarching direction and manage the unit's programming and creative leadership, which includes both the B/R Gaming and ELEAGUE brands.
• Working closely with the Content team(s), he/she will develop and execute against an insights-driven strategy for the promotion (programming) of original Gaming content through all owned-and-operated distribution channels
• Oversee content planning and strategy, including social franchises, premium shows and full programming calendar
• Ensure consistent brand/voice for all Gaming content aligned with strategy and brand attributes
• Guide audience growth of all social and owned channels
• Manage/monitor all sold social franchises for sponsorship/partnership purposes and work closely with sales, developing new monetization opportunities as well as refining current packaging efforts
• Manage staff of strategic leads within the category to guide growth, monetization, conversion, and partnerships
• Serve as primary liaison between content, programming and analytics to ensure visibility/transparency/prioritization on all appropriate content and ensure all growth/targets are delivered for audience/sales
• Provide consistent reporting to Head of Portfolio that can be surfaced to internal leadership/external clients to maintain transparency and interact with stakeholders inside/outside B/R as necessary
• Work with Head of Portfolio on all hiring/talent/contributors to ensure all brand values are supported through content creation
• Stakeholder in league partnership discussions directly related to subject matter
• Manage expectations and effectively communicate needs with shared resource groups, from video production to design to programming
• Set macro-strategy, priorities, policies, and holistic vision for the creation and distribution of Gaming content
• Lead cross-departmental transparency and collaboration
• Influence and mentor staff, inspiring a creative culture of innovation
• Shape goals at the department, team and individual level
• Provide support and pathways to nurture and grow existing talent and maintain the highest quality of work
• Manage and communicate the flow of information to executive management, content leadership, ad sales, and business development teams on strategy and day-to-day execution.
• Partner with Revenue and Marketing to build efficient processes focused on ROI (budget management) relative to monetization KPIs
• Own departmental budgets, working with internal partners to forecast and actualize based on company needs
• Embody a group that prides itself on camaraderie associated with 'best in class'
• Extensive programming and/or social content management experience, ideally in video games, esports, or sports media
• Demonstrate a user-centric approach to Programming and Content with a mind for process
• Ability to manage up and down, working closely with company leadership
• Experience managing teams working in digital media and social media environments
• Proven leadership skills, confident in team building, mentoring and guiding talent
• Ability to inspire, educate and empower others to produce their best work
• Value a culture of experimentation, calculated risk and innovation
• Established relationships with creatives throughout the industry
• Experience attracting, recruiting, hiring, and onboarding senior talent
• Values diversity of staff, content, audience
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented
• Agile, comfortable working in a fast-paced, always changing environment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a natural ability to clearly articulate ideas
• Ability to build relationships and cross-departmental partnerships
• Desire to always improve, learn and grow
• Deep understanding of digital landscape, social platforms, and technology trends
• In tune with contemporary gaming, internet, and youth culture trends
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.