Director, Features & Planning
Full Time Job
Director, Features & Planning (CNN )
Location: United States - New York - Remote
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Director of Features and Planning is part of the Programming team. This role responsible for planning digital's programming schedule of key content, especially news features, special projects, distinctive journalism, or in-depth stories.
• Lead a team of planning editors and producers that solicit, compile, schedules of planned content from content desks
• Directly manages a team; assigns work, provides guidance, and handles people aspects such as recruitment, performance management, development, etc. (100%)
• Collaborates and communicates closely with internal digital, global and television teams to ensure cooperation of scheduling and planning (25% of time)
• Lead and or delegate daily and weekly planning process (10% of time)
• Liaise with Digital Editorial leaders (VP, SVP, EVP level) to improve the content planning process (10% of time)
• 10 years of editorial and digital experience in a high impact news environment
• 5 years of management experience
• Ability to work in a fast pace, high pressure environment
• Experience managing newsroom publishing, scheduling, or planning
• Experience selecting and/or designing editorial tools for planning and/or scheduling content
• Experience working with global teams
• Strong execution skills, Excellent creative vision, delegation, and prioritization skills.
• Strong understanding of digital news
• Strong management and leadership skills.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills, and strategic thinking
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.