Director, Content Production
Full Time Job
Director, Content Production, Image CNN
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
The Director oversees the content creation process for CNN's Image Sound Atlanta based Creative Services department. This area of responsibility includes News Production and Post Production staff and facilities. This role will work with the department's Editor/Producer staff, the Department's Leadership teams and production partners to develop compelling content for all CNN Platforms.
The Director will lead and guide the skill development of the Creative Services Editor/Producers and other Image Sound Staff to be able to generate original content as well as editing and producing compelling commissioned pieces. The Director collaborates with Show-Teams, Long Format and Original Series teams and CNN.com leadership as well as News Gathering Leadership to evolve how content is edited and produced throughout CNN worldwide.
• Strategically influence traditional and emerging media production opportunities pertaining to video production & editorial oversight.
• Attend regularly scheduled production meetings.
• Influence and contribute to the production process: creation, editing, producing, finishing and encouraging generation of ideas across the production process.
• Collaborate and lead with platform partners to improve how content is presented: for longer format documentary style, traditional news and web-based content.
• Evolve workflow and staffing models to be more efficient and provide appropriate value to the company supported by accurate utilization and allocation data.
• Active participation in the recruiting and hiring process.
• Lead regularly scheduled staff meetings.
• Guide staff's editorial, production and professional development.
• People management: Provide frequent feedback on daily work of staff, coaching and developmental guidance.
• Develop opportunities to evolve, expand and solidify the footprint of the Creative Services staff to meet the developing needs of CNN worldwide.
• Established leadership experience within current role and demonstrable professional history of providing creative direction to staff and partners.
• Established and demonstrable professional history of developing creative concepts for commissioned and enterprising content for traditional and emerging television and digital platforms.
• This includes: sound editorial judgement and knowledge of current and historical news events.
• Proven experience in mentoring, coaching or leading others.
• Thorough understanding of news and long format production workflows and file-based systems; preferably including producing and or editing skills.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.