Director, Content Acquisitions
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.?WarnerMedia's streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max launched in May 2020 and is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features?fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including?Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.?HBO Max is home to key third-party library acquisitions such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more?than?50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis and other visionaries. Find out more information?at HBOMax.com.
HBO Max's Content Acquisition team is looking for a Director. Based in Los Angeles, the Director will play an integral role in the team's content-licensing efforts, working with a wide range of production companies and studios around the world. This role requires a high level of collaboration across many internal teams: Content Strategy, Finance, Research, Business affairs/Legal, Original Programming, Marketing, Scheduling, Ops, Product and PR. The Director must be able to work effectively and respectfully with colleagues of all levels in the company.
• Work closely with the Content Strategy team to identify acquisition priorities.
• Track, evaluate and prepare recommendations on submissions.
• Develop deal strategy, incorporating financial analysis, research input, and stakeholder parameters
• Take a leading role in negotiation of commercial terms; collaborate with BA/Legal through longform execution.
• Evaluate content performance and communicate insights to leadership.
• Track industry trends and competitive information.
• Cultivate strong relationships with content partners and industry counterparts.
• Minimum of 7 years' relevant entertainment-industry experience, with at least 2 years negotiating SVOD deals on the buy- or sell-side.
• Strong knowledge of the television market and digital-distribution landscape.
• Command of market- and competitive analysis; ability to strategically assess opportunities and make data-driven decisions.
• Facility with TV and SVOD research tools and methodologies.
• Excellent communication, presentation, persuasion, and diplomacy skills.
• Demonstrated agility, flexibility, and capability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment while maintaining calm and composure.
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
• MBA, banking and/or consulting experience.
• 2 years of start-up experience in any industry, or
• AVOD experience, or
• Development experience
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.