Director, Business Development
This was removed by the employer on 5/14/2021 5:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Business Development jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Director, Business Development postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Business Development? Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia seeks a Director, Business Development for the Sales & Dist – Biz Develop Tur department.
The Director is responsible for developing or expanding digital distribution relationships and new business opportunities within the WarnerMedia portfolio (HBO Max, legacy Turner, WarnerBros). She/He shall provide analytical and strategic support to new business development opportunities across WM Sales and Distribution.
Digital Distribution Strategy & Analysis:
• Under the direction of the VP and aided by other groups within WM Sales & Distribution, the Director will be assigned various projects related to analyzing market potential for digital distribution and new market opportunities.
• She/he will also work very closely with internal stakeholders including the D2C team, Studios and Networks, News/Sports to frame new business opportunities.
• This role will have an emphasis on ad-supported opportunities so close alignment with Ad Sales will be required. Very strong storytelling, presentation, and analytical skills are also required.
Development & Promotion of new products/services/advancements including HBO Max:
• The Director, Biz Dev will also identify, scope, and execute new distribution partnerships for the portfolio. Working closely with internal business affairs and partner operations teams, she/he will develop new partnerships that will increase distribution, audience size, and create new marketing and/or bundling opportunities for the WM portfolio, including HBO Max, CNN, TNT, WB and others.
• She/he shall assist and/or lead new partnership opportunities within existing digital partners such as app platform partners (e.g. Amazon, Roku), TV manufacturers (e.g., Vizio), Game Consoles (e.g. Sony, Microsoft), ad supported platforms (e.g. YouTube, Facebook), Audio platforms (e.g. SiriusXM, TuneIn), FAST/AVOD platforms (e.g. PlutoTV, Xumo) and others at the direction of the Vice President, Business Development.
• The Director will also create new business development partnerships to drive new subscribers, engagement and retention for HBO MAX with partners across a variety of categories not historically tied to the media space (e.g. fitness, financial services, music, news, etc).
Alignment of Distribution/Partnership Strategy with Key Internal Stakeholders/Brands.
• She/he will be responsible for working closely in aligning business development activity with other internal Account management, Operations, Ad Sales, Licensing and brand stakeholders,
• She/he is responsible for maintaining strong relationships with internal WM digital business and product teams, ad sales, marketing, and operations teams.
• Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred
• 5 years of experience at a media company focused on strategy, business development, financial analysis
• Strong presentation and excel skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Management Consulting
• Partnership development and management
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.