Director, Advanced Modeling and Experimentation Analysis
Full Time Job
Location: United States - District of Columbia - Washington, United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
The Director, Advanced Modeling and Experimentation Analysis will be part of CNN Digital's Audience Development team, enabling and supporting cross-functional product teams in identifying user problems and - nding the best solutions through advanced modeling and experimentation.
• Leads and grows a team that performs exploratory analysis to identify user problems and opportunities, validate, size, and assess proposed solutions' expected impact.
• Perform experiment design analysis to identify target user segments and sampling approach, duration, metrics, KPIs, baselines, and success criteria.
• Perform experiment results analysis, applying statistical signi?cance calculations to metrics and KPIs, SRM calculation, con?dence intervals, extrapolating results to assess the business's impact, and predicting the persistence of user behavior changes.
• De?ne and design tests that will give CNN Digital cross-functional teams insights into targeting future audiences and provide insights into improving and optimizing CNN Digital products.
• Synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines, both visually and verbally, and provide product teams' actions.
• Provide technical mentorship for teammates and cross- functional team partners.
• MS or Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Business Analytics, or other quantitative - elds. (If BS with - ve or more years of experience in relevant - elds).
• 10 years of progressively related experience.
• 5 years of managerial experience, building and growing teams in product analytics environments.
• Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, optimization, and analytics.
• Experience in experimental design and analysis. Pro?ciency in Python, R, and SQL.
• Experience building data science/statistical models (Multivariate regression, Muti-armed bandits, Time Series Model, XGBoost, causal inference, etc.)
• Experience in forecasting models and algorithms such as ARIMA and prophet models.
• Experience with leading AB testing tools, such as Adobe Target, Optimizely, Google Optimize, SiteSpect, Conductrics, AB Tasty, etc.
• Familiarity with Client-Side and Server-Side testing approaches.
• Experience with cloud storage platforms such as AWS, Databricks, Snow?ake, Snowplow, DBT.
• Familiar with Business Intelligence tools like Looker, Tableau, Domo, or similar.
• Strong working knowledge of analytics platforms, e.g., Omniture, Mixpanel, Amplitude.
• Experience in customizing optimization algorithms.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.