Digital Media Specialist, Wm Studios
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This position manages the Post Media Asset Management processes for our network partners, including ingest, metadata entry, distribution, and storage of media content using a variety of broadcast quality production equipment and software. The position requires excellent communication skills and a broad range of technical skills as well as knowledge of Media Asset Management systems. You will be embedded with some of our network partners and will be their primary contact for all of their media needs, both inside and outside of their work with Turner Studios. In this aspect, you will be acting partially as a librarian and production manager for the partners you are dedicated to.The DailyMedia Asset Management
• Maintain integrity of the Post MAM with departmental organizational initiatives, adhering to proper placement, naming conventions, security protocols and ideal quality levels.
• Maintain workflows, metadata schemas, and logging procedures as established for the partners in the Post MAM.
• Manage deletions, migrations and transfer of digital assets to and from the Post MAM, coordinating with partners and artists, following established department procedures.
• Handle digital assets at an unsupervised, high-level capacity, while remaining available to receive direct requests from partners, managers and staff.
• Transcode video assets to different formats on demand.
• Administrate the Post MAM software solutions by provisioning user access, ingest of media following metadata procedures, and troubleshooting production workflow.
Storage System Management
• Interface with engineering, post and partners to optimize use of existing data solutions, shared enterprise storage network connected servers, and internet-based FTP/Cloud solutions.
• Maintains adequate operating margin for consistent up-time on shared storage systems.
• Enact thorough analysis to administer comprehensive archive/backup services for appropriate assets, saving space, time and cost.
• Administer permissions and directory structure of said storage solutions on a granular level, with emphasis on simplification, ease of use and orderliness.
• Maintain high-level knowledge of digital workflow methodologies in order to spot redundancies or inefficiencies in order to improve the flow of content.
• Fast response time and thoughtful follow up on all requests, ensuring that results exceed expectations.
• Effective problem solving by applying breadth of knowledge to new, complex challenges while keeping a holistic perspective.
• Guiding staff towards best practices through friendly, informal training.
• Address partner concerns, utilizing tact and gracious communication to solve varied production issues.
• You will be embedded with some of our network partners and will be their primary contact for all of their media needs, both inside and outside of their work with Turner Studios.
Growth and Development
• Dedicate time and analysis to foresee production bottlenecks or future points of difficulty within current production infrastructure.
• Actively spearhead new partnerships and volunteer as technical consultant to solve problems and connect solutions to needs.
• Re-visit past methodologies to ensure that they are as current and effective as possible.
• Pursue and develop training opportunities for upcoming software solutions.
• Share knowledge and best practices within the group to ensure that any specialized duties or workflows are achievable by all.
• 2-3 years work experience in Graphic Design, Media industry, or Library Sciences.
• Some experience in Adobe After Effect, Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or Premiere
• Very familiar with asset and project management processes
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Thorough understanding of media workflows, file transcoding, and post-production or graphics processes
• Must be able to perform under very tight deadlines
• Must be self-motivated, intuitive, and take initiative
• Excellent customer service skills, solid interpersonal skills, strong communicator, high attention to detail, meticulous organizational skills, excellent time management skills
• Knowledge and appreciation of the WarnerMedia brand
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.