Digital Media Apprentice, Wm Studios
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Digital Media Coordinator Apprentice is responsible for providing direct support to the Digital Media Coordinator team (DMC) in managing all video assets for the SportsCentral server system. This includes various aspects of feeds scheduling, feeds ingest, media transfer, edit support, playback support, short term and long term video archive. This also includes interfacing with production personnel to assist with live productions, edit projects, highlight creation and delivery.
The DMC Apprentice will also be required to maintain all asset retention policies as described in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and instructed by management in order to keep the system operating efficiently. This position will always defer to the DMC's, Senior DMC's or Manager when removing assets permanently from the SportsCentral server and Media Asset Manager (MAM).
The DMC Apprentice will be supporting a 24/7 operation. Applicant will be required to work various shifts on a rotating schedule that will include nights and weekends. General hours of coverage are 9am to 3am. Applicant must be prepared to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, with many new challenges in an all digital production facility. Applicant must also have an eye for attention to detail as there are multiple, small technical aspects that must be examined within the daily duties.
• Follow daily SOP for proper system configuration. Schedule live ingest, confirm recording success and troubleshoot any failures. Provide support for all areas of SportsCentral including logging, edit and playback. Assist engineering with any system maintenance or troubleshooting. Report and document any technical production issues.
Media Asset Management
• Administer online media tracking and transfer systems for Warner Media Studios and Turner Sports. Includes daily management of file movement between Turner Studios, Network Operations, NBA in New Jersey, and other locations as needed. Fulfill requests from Sports properties to send media elements to outside clients via multiple file transfer tools at the company's preference. Always defer to DMC, Sr. DMC or Manager for applying retention and deletion policies as required.
Storage System Management
• Provide assistance and maintain access privileges to shared repositories for general users. Work with DMC staff and Sports properties to keep storage highly available.
• Attend and represent the DMC staff in various Warner Media Studios and Turner Sports meetings as needed.
• HD Video production and post production skills. Operational knowledge of Non Linear Editing systems.
• Media file re-wrap and transcoding familiarity.
• Prior non-linear edit experience (sports preferred)
• Digital media and encoding format familiarity.
• Team and player knowledge of NBA, NHL, MLB and NCAA helpful.
• EVS asset manager system knowledge a plus
• College degree in Computer Science, Video Production, or similar
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.