Design Lead - Apparel & Merchandising
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Design Lead - Apparel & Merchandising (Bleacher Report)
Location: United States - New York - New York
Design Lead for the Apparel, Merchandise and Consumer Products department within Bleacher Report.
• Help develop the look and feel of our apparel, merchandising, and consumer product initiatives including merchandise and apparel design, branding (logo packaging), photography, online store and promotional assets
• Apparel and merchandise design including creation of technical packs and print-ready art files
• Manage creative and design processes and communication including identifying and contracting with collaborators and freelance designers, creating design briefs, assisting in creative direction, finalizing designs and coordinating their delivery
• Manage communication with internal design teams and ensure all assets and final artwork are appropriately managed and stored in database
• Partner with vendors and manufacturers to prepare technical production art and liaise with production facility to ensure designs are produced to specifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or design-related equivalent.
• 5 years experience in apparel, graphic and digital design for reputable fashion brands or key digital agency experience specific to the streetwear, footwear/apparel industry.
• Deep connection to streetwear culture and trend
• Interest in sports and culture surrounding sports
• Knowledge of photo concepting, processes and production from studio to location to lifestyle
• Proficient in all aspects of graphic and product design including drawing/sketching, illustration, typography, print and pattern development, color theory and technical applications
• Foundational understanding of apparel construction, schematic development and tech pack creation.
• Strong Photoshop and Illustrator skills
• Discerning eye for photo editing, cropping, compositing, retouching.
• Experience in branding and logo identity
• Excellent writing and communications experience preferred.
• Understanding of apparel and fashion trends, including streetwear and sportswear
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.