Department Coordinator- Trutv
This was removed by the employer on 5/25/2021 5:40:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Department Coordinator- Trutv jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Department Coordinator- Trutv postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Department Coordinator- Trutv?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia seeks a Department Coordinator for the Schedule & Platform – truTV department.
The Coordinator, WarnerMedia Entertainment Networks Programming Strategy & Operations is an entry-level role responsible for supporting the team that develops programming strategies, builds schedules, communicates programming plans, and executes operational functions for WarnerMedia's top-rated cable networks-TBS, TNT, & truTV. You'll assist with the development and execution of detailed programming lineups that fulfill all targeted strategies, are well-balanced from a creative and product usage standpoint, and deliver maximum audience in all dayparts.
This role requires excellent attention to detail. You'll have the opportunity to learn, innovate, and apply both analytics and creativity as you contribute new ideas to help strengthen our programming, experiment with new processes, and learn what drives the TBS, TNT, and truTV audiences. Finally, you'll interface with key network stakeholders in departments such as Marketing, Research, Net Ops, Development, Finance, Public Relations, Ad Sales, and Distribution to ensure their goals, needs, and direction are accurately reflected in our programming strategies and plans.
• Train on internal scheduling systems to become a proficient backup for released schedule changes, including QCing and proofing schedules
• Verify programming metadata such as storylines, content ratings, and premiere indicators on available listing services and serve as contact for third-party metadata teams (Gracenote, Rovi, etc)
• Master the fundamentals of programming operations, including formatting, clock/inventory management, and contingency planning
• Coordinate reporting for key programming functions such as stunt run tracking, DVS compliance, movie version tracking & delivery, etc
• Interface with operations teams to ensure proper flow from strategy to execution of programming plans
• Prepare content calendars and materials including decks/presentations, one sheets, and newsletters (with an emphasis on visual storytelling) to be used for meetings & communications; update department documentation (windowing plans, presentations, competitive trackers) as needed
• Support network scheduling teams in ideation, development, and execution of themed programming collections & stunts
• Monitor sister-network schedules to identify cross-promotional opportunities
• Maintain competitive case studies, best practices, and relevant industry research for evolving trends, including emerging programming & distribution models
• Screen and evaluate potential program acquisitions, assessing which projects may be a good fit for the networks
• Attend meetings with a professional and enthusiastic attitude; take notes and provide updates as needed
• Perform administrative functions such as coordinating meetings and managing calendars, travel, and expenses for senior staff
• Assist senior staff with additional tasks and serve as back-up for other department coordinators as needed
• Bachelor's degree in communications, television, film or related field
• 1-3 years experience in television (cable or broadcast) or digital media
• An understanding and passion for programming strategies, tactics, and the competitive television landscape
• Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines and pressure
• Highly developed written and verbal communications skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior management, staff, and external professionals
• Strong computer skills; very proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
• Must be flexible and pro-active with exceptional attention to detail
Nice To Haves
• Understanding of programming strategies and the competitive content landscape, including traditional and emerging platforms
• Analytical mindset, ability to understand how to apply data and insights to help drive results
• Ability to maintain strong working relationships and interface/communicate with varied levels of management
• Very strong organizational skills and effective decision-making skills
• Ability to work across a matrixed organization while also able to self-motivate
• Positive attitude, collaborative spirit, and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects
• Passion and insight into WarnerMedia segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement
• Strong critical thinking skills, a strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial mindset, and an appetite for content
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.