WarnerMediaCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2022 5:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Department Assistant jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Department Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Location: Culver City, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Awards Department Assistant role will provide key administrative and organizational support to the VP, Awards and Warner Bros. Discovery Awards department. In this role, you will immerse yourself in Warner Bros. Discovery content and learn about the awards space in a thorough and exciting way, helping shape the future of the company.
• Coordinate and schedule meetings on a regular basis for department executives.
• Maintain daily schedule for VP, Awards as well as all department calendars, including tracking and updating third party deadlines and events.
• Collect and disseminate crucial information and documents on a regular basis, including various award organization's rules and regulations, internal programming and production information and department records.
• Reconcile and process expense reports for department executives.
• Process invoices for Awards department and coordinate talent grooming / glam / styling for awards opportunities.
• Coordinate business travel for department executives.
• Assist with talent and nominee travel coordination for awards shows, galas, and FYCs.
• Update department contacts and distribution lists.
• Operate department phones, initiate calls, relay messages and take detailed meeting notes when asked.
• Archive important documents and department correspondence.
• Assist with research requests including awards statistics and department records.
• Staff departmental events, including ceremonies and campaign events.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Must be extremely organized, efficient yet thorough and meticulously detail oriented.
• Must take initiative and excel at time management to successfully accomplish and prioritize a high volume of overlapping tasks at any given time without constant supervision.
• Must have exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
• Must be able to work long hours and weekends as needed and be adept at handling pressure.
• Entertainment-related experience with knowledge of television credits preferred – awards experience is a big plus.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College or University
The Nice to Haves
• 1 – 2 years working in the entertainment industry in an introductory role.
This position is required to work a hybrid in-person schedule at our Culver City, US office. Warner Bros. Discovery requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.