WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Creative Director (CNN )
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
As a Creative Director, you are a leader in the world-class CNN Content Development team, which is responsible for creating content for next-generation products and paid experiences. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight.
The Creative Director, Thumbnails Keyart, is an experienced visual design leader and storyteller who collaborates with artists, designers, producers, and directors to create our visual strategy and identity for our content related imagery on our products and platforms for live and VOD content.
• Empower and mentor designers, artists, and art directors, foster a cohesive, committed, passionate, productive, and positive environment within a growing team.
• Define the visual brand of our thumbnails, key art, and other on platform content imagery and develop our creative strategy to further audience engagement for our content
• Collaborate with show teams, product, marketing, and research to target the overall positioning and objectives for key art, thumbnails, and preview images for use on our products and platforms
• Drive the creative vision for preview art on our platforms and lead a team of designers to execute
• Lead the implementation and evolution of the CNN visual brand strategy across our D2C platform, working closely with the VP of Content Design and VP of Product Design to ensure alignment, timing, process, and application of all creative elements
• Responsible for building and recruiting for a new design team, leading, and managing staff, overseeing a team of designers; handle people management aspects including managing performance and development. Mentors and provides guidance to team
• Handle people management aspects including managing designer performance and development.
• 10 years related work experience leading creative for video and broadcast design
• Experience driving audience's engagement and leading them down the funnel with design and visuals
• Experience working knowledge of video, animation, and interactive software, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Cinema 4D
• Experience building, recruiting for, and maintaining a talent pipeline for a growing design team
• Exceptional track record to empower and manage team of designers, to help them grow and succeed.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal skills, to clearly communicate and lead diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
• Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeve and get things done.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.