Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
This role will bring to life our brands and services through compelling copy that drives key metrics across the subscription funnel. This role will partner with design, product and marketing teams working across surfaces - web landing pages, app stores, paid ads, social media as well as product pages. This role will collaborate with cross functional marketing and product teams to design and write emotional as well as logical flows for communicating key value propositions our suite of products offers.
• Write in the voice of CNN for landing pages, campaigns, activations, social experiences, and ads
• Work closely with the full acquisition pod team to design copy tests, make recommendations to improve consumer understanding and conversion
• Adapt copy for all our channels, like blogs, emails, UX and in-app communications
• Present concepts, works in progress and final creative to diverse collaborators and partners
• Collaborate with teams to write subscription offers, onboarding flows, feature education
• Partner with designers and marketing team on major go-to-market and brand campaigns
• Proofread anything and everything that crosses your path
• BA/BS degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field and/or an amazing portfolio
• 4 years of experience in copywriting roles at digital media companies or subscription-based businesses
• Interest in media and news; strong understanding of journalistic standards
• Ability to tell a compelling story in 20 words as well as 200
• Ability to multitask, manage and prioritize their own work
• Team-player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to rally members around new engagement platforms and audience experiments
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.