This was removed by the employer on 8/5/2021 4:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Copy Editor jobs in Washington-NY
Search all Copy Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Copy Editor?
Full Time Job
Copy Editor (CNN )
Location: United States - District of Columbia - Washington, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The CNN Copy Editor is responsible for checking scripts for accuracy, style, balance and conformity to the Executive Producer's instructions and CNN Standards. This includes checking source material, verifying font and tape information and printing scripts when they are ready for air.
Copy editors may be called upon to write some scripts. A copy editor may also be asked to review a writer's performance. The copy editor is expected to be a close adviser to the producer on any editorial issues or problems that arise with assigned scripts.
• Editing copy so scripts are easy to understand, more interesting and more user-friendly.
• Work towards compelling and conversational anchor copy that is accurate and up to date.
• Print scripts when ready.
• Check accuracy of all components of program, including graphics and other on-air editorial elements.
• Rework scripts when necessary.
• Work to improve network-wide accuracy by pointing out errors if/when they occur in Wires CNN or other resources, or on the air.
• Demonstrate a strong familiarity with CNN Stylebook and CNN Legal Standards to ensure consistency that increases CNN's credibility.
• Demonstrate proficiency with CNN font codes to make our on-air product look smart and communicates useful information clearly.
• Correct format scripts with instructions to director on left side.
• View video and graphics to make sure scripts and images match.
• 5 years full time broadcast news writing and/or editing preferred.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience required.
• Editing skills-checking accuracy, balance, language, style.
• Ability to produce quality work quickly.
• Flexibility to adapt during breaking news.
• Capability to adapt to program or anchor style and rewrite when necessary.
• Must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team oriented.
• Leads writer team and takes active role in many aspects of program preparation.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.