China Reporter, CNN Digital
WarnerMediaHong Kong, HK
This was removed by the employer on 8/4/2021 6:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for China Reporter, CNN Digital jobs in Hong Kong-HK
Search all China Reporter, CNN Digital postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a China Reporter, CNN Digital?
Full Time Job
Location: Hong Kong - Hong Kong
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Purpose of the Role
As a key member of the dynamic Asia digital team and vital in growing CNN's brand and influence, the China Reporter will steer China coverage for the world's news leader. You will be expected to consistently deliver analytical, insightful journalism that explores and explains crucial China issues to a global audience in a multi-faceted way that reflects the diversity of the country. The successful candidate must have exceptional editorial judgment and demonstrated versatility within a digital news team at an international media company.
The job reports to the CNN Digital Director for Asia.
• Helping define the daily news agenda, focusing on creative story angles and coverage - specifically why events in China should matter to the world
• Bring an in-depth knowledge of, and passion for, China coverage
• Utilizing on-the-ground experience and contacts to uncover original storytelling opportunities, and presenting them in creative and innovative ways
• Developing longer-term editorial priorities and distinctive features
• Writing news stories for a global audience with clarity, context and urgency while following digital best practices (eg headline writing, SEO, etc)
• Work with newsgathering and TV colleagues, affiliates and other partners for cross-platform storytelling opportunities
• Contribute key China and pan-Asia themes into CNN's China newsletter for global distribution
• Ensuring all content adheres to CNN standards and integrity
• Excellent writer with the ability to file clean, clear and well-written copy with urgency and flair
• A proven track record of consistently producing insightful and original China content for digital platforms
• Be capable of delivering on-the-day stories as well as analysis and longer-term reporting projects
• Comprehensive China knowledge, as well as direct experience on the ground
• Extensive knowledge and experience of international news and current affairs, with an emphasis on Asian themes, subjects and trends
• Fluency in Mandarin and simplified Chinese
• Strong team and communication skills and ability to collaborate across teams
• Detail oriented, strong organization skills & ability to meet deadlines
• Must work well under pressure and in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Role can be based in Hong Kong, Beijing or wider Asia (visa permitting) for the right candidate
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.