Full Time Job
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK's most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller's Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we're most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.
Tt Games Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. are looking for a Character Rigger to join our In-Game Animation team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within the highly successful and creative Animation department supporting animators and producing high quality rigs and tools.
We are looking for self-motivated applicants, who are responsive to direction and working to a brief. The ability to plan and schedule your time, and the confidence to deliver to a deadline is essential.
• Creating control rigs for a wide variety of characters, creatures, and vehicles.
• In-engine character setup, such as cloth, physics, and IK.
• Resolve creative, pipeline and technical issues, collaborating with other team members and departments as needed.
• Ensure that all assets are well-organised and optimal at all times.
• Use commercial and in-house tools to integrate characters, rigs and tools into the project data, ensuring data is functional and to a high standard.
• Help develop enhancements of in-house tools for the team and as per project requirements.
• Help identify training needs for oneself and where applicable create assets/documentation for training purposes.
• Undertake relevant on the job training where required and keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies.
• Degree, related qualification or equivalent experience in Animation and Rigging.
• Positive solution driven mindset, and a strong capacity for problem solving.
• Excellent communicator.
• Comfortable working with large teams of animators.
• Approachable, self-motivated, imaginative, and resourceful.
• Responds to feedback well, striving to enable animators and support various approaches to animation.
• In-depth knowledge and technical proficiency in Maya.
• Sound understanding of modern game engines, Unreal a strong advantage, and tools specific to animation and rigging.
• Excellent understanding of Animation and Rigging principles, and the ability to practically utilise that understanding within Maya.
• Excellent understanding of MEL or Python scripting languages.
• C a strong advantage.
Tt Games wants our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.