Business Operations Manager
WarnerMediaCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Business Operations Manager (Content QA/QC, Evening)-HBO Max
Location: United States - California - Culver City
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and is scheduled to be in an additional 60 markets this year, launching in Latin America in June and followed by upgrades of HBO-branded streaming services in Europe.
The Business Operations Manager (Content Experience QA, Evening) will lead a 24x7 team of Content QA/QC specialists that will review the consumer-packaged product across all HBO Max platforms and devices, before and after each release cycle. This person will work closely with Publishing, Content Scheduling, Digital Operations, Design, and other upstream teams, manage the Content QC and QA workflow, and respond to incidents and requests after normal business hours. This role works evenings.
Biz Ops' roles and scope will evolve as the business does - adaptability and a wholehearted willingness to pivot and take on whatever is needed is essential.
• Lead the 24x7 team of Content QA/QC Specialists that QC the video, audio, caption, image, and metadata assets for all HBO Max content
• Lead the QC efforts surrounding AVOD and other key company initiatives
• Log, triage, and escalate issues to be fixed upstream
• Track and document daily progress of QC'ed assets for new and upcoming releases as well as library content
• Review and monitor night time content premieres or marketing pushes
• Support surge efforts across Domestic and International QA/QC workstreams
• Support the Publishing team by scheduling and publishing assets for HBO and HBO Max within the internal HBO scheduling tool
• Coordinate with the Editorial, Design, and Project Management teams to maintain synergy and awareness to meet deadlines for all parties involved
• 4 years of experience in QA and QC, especially in the video streaming industry or tech entertainment world
• 2 years of people management experience, with the ability to evaluate performance and assign projects accordingly
• Extensive experience in distinguishing between different video/image/audio profiles, with a keen eye and ear to confidently detect anomalies in product
• Experience in content or product publishing, ideally with deep knowledge of content management systems and scheduling tools
• Knowledge of the competitive landscape across SVOD, AVOD, and OTT services, as well as deep knowledge of Content Management Systems
• Hands-on experience with a multitude of video streaming devices, such as desktop, iOS, Android, tvOS, AndroidTV, Roku, etc
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.