Business Operations Coordinator
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
CNN International is seeking a Business Operations Coordinator to support client groups within the CNN International umbrella by providing additional insight into our business activities.
The Business Operations Coordinator will report to the Business Operations Manager and will serve as a business advisor to groups under CNN International ensuring the most prudent and efficient use of resources. The primary objective is to handle all business-related functions so executive management, department heads, and production staff can focus on editorial responsibilities. The Business Operations Coordinator will also work and liaise with the London Sr. Operations Business Analyst to develop, implement, and standardize reporting and business processes to work on creating efficiencies, process improvements and achieve expense reductions for CNNI.
• Partner with the London Sr. Operations Business Analyst to establish and/or maintain global projects.
• Build/improve reporting on medium sized data sets to better understand affiliate/customer behaviour and drive revenue.
• Automate existing reporting to minimize time spent on updates.
• Investigate and develop solutions for cross-regional savings opportunities.
• Participate on global tender/RFP initiatives to produce operational improvements and drive cost savings.
• Provide visibility into business activities by maintaining cost reports on expenses and providing ad hoc analysis to facilitate decision making.
• Budgets: Gather, amend, and assist with budgets for assigned groups. Build detailed event estimates during large pre-planned or breaking news coverages that may continue for months at a time
• AP Processing: Code, track, and approve invoices - This includes set-up and maintenance of 3rd party vendors and Independent Contractors in A/P systems. Build and sustain strong vendor relationships, coordinate invoice payments with accounting, collecting additional information needed (payment details), etc.; respond to invoice queries.
• Build strong relationships with Finance, Accounting, HR, Legal, Security, and Procurement to lead and implement collaborative projects.
• Ensure compliance with expense management, company policies, procedures, processes, and procurement.
• Expense Approval: Reviews and approve T & E expense reports in Concur ensuring policy compliance and proper allocations. Reviews reports for accurate foreign currency conversion and compliance of travel policies. Responsible for ensuring cash advances to field employees are reconciled. Train client staff as needed related to system applications (such as Concur). Ensure all payments to 3rd parties are compliant with company policies, FCPA/OFAC regulations and local laws.
• Onboarding: responsible for staff, contractors, interns, and freelance new hire onboarding provisions. Including establishing payment record, network access, email, badge requests, equipment set-up, AmEx card applications. (when required) Partners with management and/or HR to ensure seamless onboarding across the globe. Ensures Concert record is active and extended when needed.
• This role is also responsible for providing a full range of business operational support that may include procuring and tracking of global equipment, office supplies, safety gear, medical supplies and inventory for newsrooms and outbound bureaus/field employees, catering and any other needs as requested.
• Embed with editorial teams to understand their goals and objectives and provide practical solutions.
• Build, analyse, and recommend business proposals as requested.
• May be assigned time sensitive and unfamiliar activities during breaking news. These tasks may include travel arrangements, compiling and disseminating information to field teams, ad hoc requests, etc.
• International travel may be required through field unit managing and bureau support assignments.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned as required.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills especially Excel. Experience with other analytical systems is a plus.
• Must demonstrate a track record of utilizing strong quantitative and presentation skills.
• Able to identify, distinguish, and analyse multiple components of a problem and then make conclusions.
• Prepare and deliver insights and recommendations based on analysis.
• Work with process improvement (Lean Six Sigma) and unit managing (large dynamic event management) is a plus.
• Advanced certifications in Operations, Accounting, or Finance is strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience within a business field.
• 3-5 years of strong business operations, analytical and project experience.
• Project experience focusing on expense reduction is preferred.
• Comfortable working with and presenting information to business executives.
• Proven operational experience in a multinational company is preferred.
• Accurate, detail-oriented, analytical, a good communicator, and be highly organized.
• Experience working with foreign currency and building budgets.
• Must show initiative; be self-motivated and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment (such as breaking news).
• Fluency in other language(s) is a plus but not required.
• Travel: Availability required if needed, up to 10%• Flexible work environment: Work some days of the week from the office and from home.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.