WarnerMediaMexico City, MX
Full Time Job
Bureau Chief - Mexico, CNN En Espanol
CNN en Español seeks a Bureau Chief for the Mexico region.
The Mexico Bureau Chief will be an experienced journalist and manager, with extensive editorial knowledge of Mexico and government bureaucracies. This individual will lead Mexico coverage, manage our Mexico-based team and contribute to our newsgathering efforts across Central America and Caribbean. Working closely with the VP of Newsgathering, VP of Programming, Director of Coverage, Director of Planning and Executive Producer based in US. The Mexico Bureau Chief will set news priorities for the region, ensure balanced editorial coverage and maintain CNN relations with government officials, Sales and local PR agencies and the diplomatic world.
• This is a senior editorial role. Successful candidates must be of a sufficient experience level to offer guidance on all-platform content across Mexico and cultivate a wide range of news sources and contacts.
• In conjunction with Newsgathering and Production, this individual will oversee all content delivered from the Mexico Bureau, ensuring pitches and delivery are all-platform compliant and in line with the highest editorial standards.
• This individual will manage Bureau logistics and all associated technical operations, including responsibility for security equipment and deployment as needed in the region, in conjunction with the Director of Security.
• The bureau chief will be responsible for working with PR to manage the external reputation of the bureau and CNN.
• The Bureau Chief will also manage and be responsible for all CNN staff and freelancers based there, with oversight of Bureau budget and logistics.
• A proven track record in journalism, including field experience in the region itself and demonstrable management experience, is essential, as is in-depth understanding of the Mexican and Central American story is key.
• Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate ability to develop talent, with extensive experience of TV production, and digital execution
• Successful candidates must also have experience of major field operations, with some in hostile environments
• Experience of managing multiple teams on a breaking news story is essential
• Fluent in Spanish and English is essential
• Proven crisis management experience
• Ideal candidate must be a top-notch writer and editor capable of delivering on tight deadlines
WarnerMedia Leaders are:
• Interative and flexible with priorities
• Promote a constant state of reinvention
• Build teams that thrive on innovation
• Grow and nurture team members with an emphasis on succession
• Design strategic and actionable plans
• Lead teams that deliver results
• Drive performance with actionable feedback
• Trust and empower their teams to deliver
• Maverick spirit that take initiative and embraces risk
• Encourage bold decision-making and hiring
• Create an environment for creative thinking
• Challenge their teams to focus on priorities and encourage shedding of non-essential work
• Break down silos and build partnerships
• Seek diverse perspectives
• Think and act globally
• Make proactive communications a priority
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.