Broadcast Planning & Distribution Coordinator
Full Time Job
The CW Network, LLC for the Broadcast Planning & Distribution Coordinator for the Finance & Administration department.
Builds, plans, and distributes daily broadcast logs for air for The CW Television Network.
• When told inventory is ready, Coordinator will be building all the daily broadcast logs to be worked and planned by the department.
• Creates lower 3rd graphic daily plan documenting all graphic elements to be run during each broadcast.
• Creates and distributes timing sheet breakdowns for each day of broadcast for PR, digital, and social usage.
• Liaison to On Air Promotions, Branded Entertainment, and NY Traffic Departments verifying all paid elements are included in daily broadcast as requested.
• Back up to the other members of the department in case of illness or vacation.
• Solely processes from start to finish 1 broadcast log a week.
• This process includes: distribution of broadcast logs to CBS Program Coordination, CBS Air Control, and entire affiliate body on a very strict schedule.
• Responsible for distribution of all promotional logs to our promotion production facility.
• Maintains high level of communication in order to be aware of/avoid potential problems or delays.
• Keeps Executive Director abreast of any potential delays in meeting schedule.
• Processes at least one Saturday family programming block log a month.
• It needs to be accurate, complete, and distributed. This includes addressing any regulatory issues with Broadcast Standards are managed and addressed.
• Gathers and organizes legal document retention such as As Runs, Irregularity Reports, and Music Licensing Reports.
• Manages the One Drive document retention with the Executive Director of the department.
• Works with the Executive Director of the department as needed collating reporting information requested from our broadcast and network partners.
• BA/BS in related field preferred but not required.
• Must have PC skills: Microsoft Office, necessary, STBS Traffic System preferred.
• Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
• General knowledge of time, i.e., hours minutes seconds required.
• Must have knowledge of film/video timing increments (frames, acts), necessary
• Must have knowledge of basic math, spelling, grammar, and English usage.
• Must have excellent proofreading skills.
• Must have approximately 1-3 years entertainment industry experience nad or television/radio traffic (format) experience.
• Must have experience in a television, radio, or promotional capacity working with clients and stations.
• General Office Activities – walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, talking, writing, bending, occasional lifting of 5-7 pound boxes, constant finger movement, constant proofreading, etc.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to details and understand written or verbal instruction.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers, affiliates, clients, and other levels of personnel.
• Must be able to perform math/time calculations.
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to resolve problems in a professional manner.
• Must be a team player.
• Must be able to work with occasional interruptions.
• Must communicate an attitude of professionalism and a keen awareness to task at hand and surroundings.
• GeneralOffice Environment
• Computer, printer, time calculator, possible 10-key adding machine, photocopy machine, fax machine, telephone, etc.
The CW Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.