WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia seeks a Broadcast & IT Support Engineer for CNN in New York.
• The Broadcast & IT Support Engineer requires a wide range of technical skills necessary to perform maintenance, installation, board and/or some component level repair of broadcast and IT equipment in both studio and outside broadcast facilities in a fast-paced production environment.
• In-house production support of live and recorded programming requires a thorough systems knowledge of broadcast IT infrastructure which includes:
• Technical spaces (control rooms, studios, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/distribution riser rooms and data centers) and
• Associated production systems (A/V routing, signal processing, cameras, switchers, audio mixers, intercom, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, master control, automation and transmission systems. Knowledge of Cloud Computing & Virtual Private Cloud is a plus.)
• A strong baseline IT and data networking knowledge is also necessary to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure. A thorough understanding of SMPTE 2110 is necessary.
• Collaboration with team members, clients and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments.
• This position will primarily provide facility-based support. However, there may be occasions requiring support of outside productions/events or to provide technical support to upgrade outside broadcast facilities. Any maintenance of Electronic Newsgathering (ENG) crew gear will be a shared responsibility with the field engineering team.
• WarnerMedia Production Technology teams operate within an ITSM Service Management framework, supported by common processes around planning and managing changes. Adherence to our standard ITSM processes to minimize impact and deliver value to our customers is required. This includes documenting issues/requests and escalating as needed for problem management and resolution via our in-house service management system(s).
• A willingness to perform varied tasks, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position. We expect our BIT engineers to build good relationships amongst our client base and to provide excellent customer service. Good communication skills (verbal, written) are required.
• Shift work on a rotating schedule is mandatory to meet the needs of our customers
• Typically four or more years of experience in television, multimedia content, IT client service or broadcast maintenance capacity, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair broadcast and computer equipment at the board level.
• Demonstrated experience with television or multimedia production workflows.
• Demonstrated familiarity with basic server, networking topology and operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc.)
• Ability to work all shifts associated with 24x7x365 production environments.
• Capable of lifting 50 lbs. and climbing ladders for equipment and cable installation assignments.
• Must be willing to be on call for coverage of critical technical systems.
• Desirable Requirements:
• Willingness to learn WarnerMedia proprietary equipment and applications. Manufacturer-provided broadcast training from companies such as Sony, RTS, Evertz, etc.
• Microsoft network certification.
• Software programming skills (HTML, V.B., C , scripting, etc) Autocad, MS Office Suite, Visio experience.
• Familiarity with ITSM Service Management processes.
• Required Education: 2 or 4 year technical degree, preferably electronics or computer engineering (or equivalent education/experience/training).
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer desktop hardware/applications and data networking.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.