Audio Engineer, Hockey
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - Remote
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company.Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
This year, Turner Sports and National Hockey League announced a seven-year multimedia rights agreement beginning with the 2021-22 season. Fans will be able to enjoy the Stanley Cup Final and Stanley Cup Playoffs on TNT and TBS for the first time, along with 72 regular season games and the NHL Winter Classic each season. With this new partnership, Turner Sports and Bleacher Report will continue to provide premium content across multiple screens for fans to enjoy.
Bleacher Report's Video Production and Technology team is looking to hire an A1 to assist in our busy studio production environment. This full time position will be assisting our production and technology team at our studios and control rooms in NYC.
• Work with technical and production sta? to satisfy audio production needs for live broadcast shows and productions under supervision of Video Technical Operations Manager. Continue to improve equipment and work?ow around live broadcast audio production.
• Possess knowledge in all aspects of live broadcast audio operation and maintenance of broadcast audio systems including but not limited to: live audio consoles (Calrec), intercom systems (RTS), audio routing, Dante Protocol, RF microphones, IFBs, IEMS, stage monitors. Must have experience in audio systems management and mixing.
• Has a strong ability to mix clean broadcast productions with the equal standards of major networks.
• Perform daily set-up operations to ensure a clean broadcast as it pertains to program audio mix and IFB/RTS communications management. Continuously monitor audio levels from all sources across the facility to ensure consistent quality.
• Work with producers to satisfy the creative needs of each production while managing all technical elements of broadcast audio. The ability to adapt to possible non-traditional technologies.
• Operate some non live audio systems including remote podcasts, voiceovers and live to tape productions.
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
• Previous experience with the Calrec Mixers, RTS Intercom/AZ Edit, Unity Intercom, Shure Wireless Systems, Lectrosonics wireless systems, Dante audio and analog patchbays or similar systems
• Dante protocol certi?cation is preferred
• Quali?ed applicants must demonstrate and maintain an understanding of established industry standards, equipment and quality control
• An excellent understanding of audio signal - ow.
• Knowledge of all commonly used RF systems
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
• Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment. This position will work closely with other audio sta?.
• Available to work - exible hours.
• Three to - ve (3-5) years of related A1 experience for live broadcast.
• Awareness of Bleacher Report's voice knowledge of internet sports culture.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.