Audio Designer, CNN
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/15/2021 11:57:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Audio Designer, CNN jobs in New York-NY
Search all Audio Designer, CNN postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Audio Designer, CNN?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
WarnerMedia seeks an Audio Designer I for the Audio / EGO department. CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation of news and information experiences to inform, engage, and empower the world. We have a unique ability to marry content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community. With our consumer and facts-first strategy, we're developing new platforms and formats that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming directly in the hands of consumers.
• A CNN Audio Operator is an essential member of the production team.
• You are well versed in the art of audio mixing and enhancing various audio elements for live and pre-produced events.
• The primary production is within a studio environment but remote production is possible.
• The set-up, operation and skillful mixing for a variety of live and pre-produced productions
• Quality assurance for all audio sources and related components
• Creative influence to enhance the production value with selection of music and/or other effects
• Consulting and collaborating with the Show Director and other key stakeholders
• Advanced preparation including reviewing rundowns, equipment selection, mics and overall audio plan
• Documentation and overall management of audio board show files and related elements
• You are a strong multitasker and have the skills to handle prioritizing and executing multiple requests at the same time.
• Knowledge of digital audio consoles, playback devices and intercom systems are needed.
• Must work well under pressure and be able to show strong teamwork capabilities as part of a studio team.
• Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills a must.
• Minimum experience requirements include:• 1 to 3 years Industry experience mixing in a live news environment, operational knowledge of all control room positions and familiar with all aspects of live television and pre/post production
• Candidate should have awareness of a variety of audio boards with control room or field production/event experience
• Proficient with audio related components including intercom and ancillary equipment. (e.g. Enco, AZ Edit, Evertz routers)
• An ability to work in a high pressure, 24/7 news environment
• Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the audio field
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.