Audio Designer, CNN
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
WarnerMedia seeks an Audio SWAT for the Atl Tech Ops CNNI AUD/TPM department. The CNN SWAT Audio Designer (SWAT A1) plays an integral role as part of the live control room production team that is well versed in the art of audio mixing and thrives in the fast paced 24x7 news environment while being responsible for enhancing various audio elements for live and pre-produced events.
What sets the position apart, is the CNN SWAT Audio Designer has an adaptable skillset as well as a deeper knowledge of advanced features of all the control room audio consoles which allows them to train new Audio Designers (A1s) and cover any schedule across all CNN News Group network platforms.
• Handle the demands of a fast pace and changing news environment.
• Demonstrate ability to operate independently through proven leadership skills.
• Develop, test and document processes, workflows, and Standard Operating Procedures.
• You are a subject matter expert (SME) of the audio technology and workflows
• Collaborate with the management team with involvement in projects and network initiatives.
• Serve as a mentor and trainer to Audio Designers.
• Creative influence to enhance the viewer experience of our productions.
• Consulting and collaborating with the Show Director and other key stakeholders.
• Assists Audio Supervisor in evaluating and implementing new workflows and procedures.
• Must be flexible and willing to work in a 24/7 environment (holidays, weekends, and overnights).
• Preferred 5 years' experience mixing in a live broadcast news environment and/or significant industry experience as an audio engineer for live sound and/or post-production.
• Candidate should have knowledge of a variety of mixing consoles, RF management, acoustics, microphones, IEMs, editing software, etc.
• Advanced skills with broadcast audio related components including intercom and ancillary equipment. (e.g. ENCO, AZ Edit).
• Ability to troubleshoot and design setup of audio consoles.
• Live broadcast remotes and production truck experience is a plus.
• Four-year degree or equivalent education from accredited university/college or demonstrated experience in the audio field.
• Must have strong leadership, communication, organizational and relationship skills.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.