Full Time Job
Associate Producer (Games)
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
WB Games is a leader in the games industry across all game platforms and mobile devices. Our diverse and inclusive workforce creates and brings to life the most beloved characters, franchises, heroes, and wizards in the world. We are fans of what we make and proud of what we do. We have studios and offices across the globe.
WBIE is looking for an Associate Producer to help with production efforts as part of a robust WBIE slate. The Associate Producer will support the Producer, Senior and/or Executive Producer with the day-to-day management of internal and external development teams, forging strong, successful partnerships between development and publishing resources. They will also take on project lead responsibilities for small projects the team is managing by working directly with Development, QA, Legal, and Marketing to drive the project(s) from start to completion in a short period of time.
• Manage stakeholder reviews, relationship management, and general creative process between developer, publishing, and external partners via Box.com, One Note, Slack, or other collaboration tools.
• Reviewing all milestones for quality and gameplay, routing to third parties when necessary. Build playthroughs and write-ups and documentation review at each milestone.
• Assistance with managing external vendors, including following up on internal communication requests, requesting agreements, processing invoices, securing middleware licenses, and reviewing milestones.
• Overseeing the QA, localization, live production, and customer service processes with our internal teams; work with Legal and Business Affairs to identify any legal and compliance issues; work with studio service groups to coordinate voice-over script recording and talent scheduling.
• Communicating updates to all necessary team members. This includes but is not limited to weekly production updates, demos, visual presentations, PowerPoint presentations, meeting/conference calls, and potential site visits to Developer(s).
• Supporting the Producer, Executive, and/or Senior Producers in other videogame projects as assigned.
• A strong background and understanding of multi-platform video game production; 2+ years' experience shipping AAA console product at a developer or equivalent experience preferred.
• Highly organized, resourceful, enthusiastic, and self-directed; able to keep on an assigned track without regular supervision; ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Strong, clear communicator; the ability to communicate with multiple teams including business development, marketing, PR, operations, creative, QA, and more; must excel at following up on task completion, identifying dependencies and disseminating information to staff and management
• Extensive knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Trello, and/or other database software; solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; online/internet skills.
• A love of PC and/or console gaming, in general, and with experience and/or knowledge about a wide range of game genres popular in today's market.
The Nice to Haves
• College degree or equivalent; game design/production training.
• Experience collaborating with licensors and/or filmmakers on videogames.
• Art background, including experience with Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.