WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia seeks an Associate Producer for the CNN's Program Development department.
The Associate Producer for CNN Program Development works closely with unit producers to execute documentary projects - from inception to completion. Duties include heavy research and telephone reporting, pre-interviews, and coordinating logistics for field production. The AP is responsible for locating, procuring, and managing internal and external video and assets. The AP must work closely with rights and clearances, the affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly. The AP works closely with editors during post production, left-siding scripts, providing media, anticipating and responding to requests, organizing footage and tracking sources of material for licensing. This role is responsible for providing guidance to the Production Assistants, interns, and residents. The AP occasionally works in the field to produce interviews and to supervise b-roll shoots.
• 2-3 years of experience in TV/news/digital production. Long form documentary experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Familiarity with CNN databases such as MediaSource, MIRA, and the CNN Library is very helpful.
• Proficiency with archive sources, such as Getty Images and Associated Press is very helpful.
• Some field producing experience preferred.
• Must demonstrate strong research skills.
• Must demonstrate strong initiative, commitment, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and editors, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations, including breaking news.
• Must be flexible and able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.