WarnerMediaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/15/2021 11:34:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Producer postings
Full Time Job
Associate Producer (CNN )
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Associate Producer works closely with producers to execute projects - from inception to completion. Duties include heavy research and telephone reporting, pre-interviews, and coordinating logistics for field production.
The AP is responsible for locating, procuring, and managing internal and external video and assets. The AP must work closely with rights and clearances, the affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly. The AP works closely with editors during postproduction, left-siding scripts, providing media, anticipating and responding to requests, organizing footage and tracking sources of material for licensing. This role is responsible for providing guidance to the Production Assistants, interns, and residents. The AP occasionally works in the field to produce interviews and to supervise b-roll shoots.
• 2-3 years of experience in TV/news/digital production.?
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Proficiency with archive sources, such as Getty Images and Associated Press is very helpful.
• Some field producing experience preferred.
• Must demonstrate basic research skills.
• Must demonstrate strong initiative, commitment, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and editors, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations, including breaking news.?
• Must be flexible and able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.