Full Time Job
Associate Producer - CNN Newsroom
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia seeks an Associate Producer Title for the CNN department.
• The Associate Producer works closely with show producers on several fronts.
• AP's track, edit and distribute elements for the program.
• They provide producers with support gathering material for segments, cut video elements and sound bites, help create graphics for segments.
• They are trained to write and edit short news pieces.
• AP's are responsible for coordinating live remotes and guests during the broadcast in the control room and are also the main playback operators in the control room for elements rolling live into the program.
• The AP must work closely with rights and clearances, the affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly.
• AP's are also called on to code and create banners, and all of this work is done under extremely tight deadlines for five hours of morning news programming.
• The AP's work closely in the control room with writers, line producers and senior producers on choosing or producing sound bites, tease videos and VOs for live reads.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of three years of experience in network television or major-market news production. Newsroom & live control room experience preferred.
• Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful.
• Graphics production experience including experience with the ''Viz Pilot'' graphics device helpful.
• Non-linear video editing experience also important.
• Must demonstrate strong research skills.
• Experience in live control room is a plus.
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news.
• Must be computer literate, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video archives.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.