WarnerMediaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/26/2021 5:45:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Producer?
Full Time Job
Temporary Associate Producer
Location: United States - New York - New York
The Associate Producer for Fareed Zakaria GPS works closely with show producers to find best video and elements for segments and packages within CNN systems and elsewhere. The Associate Producer cuts soundbites and VOs, produces in-house packages, orders and creates graphics and cuts down pre-taped interviews. They are responsible for organizing and calling elements in the control room during GPS live broadcasts. The AP is also responsible for pitching ideas for the program and helping producers with research for guest segments. This person must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly. The Associate Producer must code video and create banners, and work under extremely tight deadlines.
Must be able to regularly work an extended schedule, including weekends, as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Must have a deep interest in global affairs, politics, and economics.
• Minimum of three years of experience in network television or major-market news production.
• Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful.
• Graphics production experience including experience with the ''Viz Pilot'' graphics device helpful.
• Non-linear video editing experience also important.
• Must demonstrate strong research skills.
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news.
• Must be computer literate, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video archives.
• Must be willing to work weekends.
• Experience in control room is a plus.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.