Associate Producer - Morning Programming
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
The Associate Producer for New Day
• The Associate Producer for New Day works closely with show producers on several fronts.
• APs track, edit and publish taped elements for five hours of morning news programming.
• Gathering material for segments, cut video elements and sound bites using the desktop edit system, Adobe Premiere.
• APs are also responsible for executing elements for live reporters during the broadcast in the control room and turning them quickly breaking news coverage.
• APs must work closely with rights and clearances, the affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly.
• APs are also called on to code and create banners, and all of this work is done under extremely tight deadlines.
• The APs work closely in the control room with writers, line producers and senior producers on choosing or producing sound bites, tease videos and VOs for live reads.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of three years of experience in network television or major-market news production.
• Newsroom & live control room experience preferred.
• Must have experience with desktop editing on Adobe Premiere
• Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful.
• Graphics production experience including experience with the ''Viz Pilot'' graphics device helpful.
• Must demonstrate strong research skills.
• Experience in live control room is a plus.
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and working well in high-pressure situations including breaking news.
• Must be digital savvy, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video archives.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.