Associate Producer, Daily News, CNN
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - Remote
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
This Associate Producer assists in the production of live interviews that dive deep on daily news headlines and current topics. An ideal candidate has a strong command of news programming and good editorial judgement. Must be a voracious consumer of news and video content in its many forms. An ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment is necessary. Experience in digital and/or live television news production is required.
• Collaborate with Producers to develop, direct, and produce live interviews
• Pitch compelling, informative, community-building, content based on daily news topics
• Help coordinate bookings for hosts, guests, and experts
• Edit and build video and graphic elements for scripts
• Research news topics and build research packets for Producers or talent
• Source photos for elements and thumbnails
• Write interview descriptions, tags and headlines
• Write script teasers and organize Producer scripts
• Meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality work
• Partner closely with internal stakeholders across the organization
• Work closely with legal to ensure all media is licensed and secured within network guidelines
• College degree or equivalent experience
• 2 years editorial or digital news environment experience
• Experience working on videos for digital, mobile and/or television platforms
• Passion for topical news and key issues of the moment
• Good writing and communication skills
• Basic editing skills; Adobe suite/Premiere preferred
• Creative and unafraid to share new ideas and initiatives
• Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to collaborate under pressure with diverse staff, talent, and other on-air personalities
• Control room experience, a plus
• Must be agile and adaptable in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.