Associate Producer, CNN Digital Video
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
CNN seeks an Associate Producer for the Video Programming department. The Associate Producer for Video Programming gathers content and supports programming duties in a fast-paced environment for CNN Digital, including but not limited to writing headlines and publishing content to all CNN digital platforms. Must understand the editorial direction of CNN.com and CNN TV to help ensure that coverage decisions align with the overall goals of CNN Domestic.
• The Associate Producer will coordinate with the CNN Digital Senior Producer and Producers, to ensure that the CNN Digital audiences are exposed to the best available content on the CNN.com main page, section fronts, mobile and OTT platforms.
• Associate Producers for video will help find compelling video, pitch content to the editorial team, and learn more about the digital business. They will be working with the whole of CNN.com's editorial operation in Atlanta, New York, London and Hong Kong.
• Associate Producers work closely with the various CNN Newsgathering operations and show teams to identify the best and most relevant video content for the CNN Digital platforms.
• Associate Producers utilize all in-house and non-CNN resources to program content that resonates with the CNN Digital audience, while adhering CNN Standards and Practices and Legal guidance.
• 1-2 years' experience working in a news production environment.
• Solid skills at online or on-air production.
• Four Year College Degree. Journalism degree preferred.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro or similar editing system.
• Strong communication skills, news judgment and headline-writing skills.
• Basic news writing and video editing skills.
• A Familiarity with Web video and social media sites.
• Ability to execute during breaking news situations.
• Flexibility and ability to multitask and adapt to rapidly changing new cycles
• Visual and presentation aptitude.
• Must be able to adapt to a 24h/7 day a week news environment.
• Must be able to work shifts at all times of day and night.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.